Bmxing

rocktrials

ok....im into trials and i have a mod...but sometimes i cant be arsed to just ride like tht and in crappy gears, ive been on my mates bmx and just find it realy fun, ive thought bought getting one for summer just for fun, what you recon? think its worth it? how many of you guys bmx? what are yyour bikes like and how much would you say i could pick one up for?

Go for it mate. Especially if there are any decent BMX trails near you. Dirt is soo fun! If there's not then get some freinds together and build some.

I picked up my BMX for 250 and it's a top of the range thing worth way over a grand. Definately look at the second hand market.

Max

BMX rules. I ride a 300 quid haro F4, and it's a lot of fun. Just hacking about in the skatepark when I cannae be arsed to ride trials.

Been riding bmx over the winter loads, it's the only way to actually ride a bike when it's 15 degrees below zero and three feet of snow.

Get one.. Now.

Go for it mate. Especially if there are any decent BMX trails near you. Dirt is soo fun! If there's not then get some freinds together and build some.

I picked up my BMX for 250 and it's a top of the range thing worth way over a grand. Definately look at the second hand market.

Max

there is a huge mbx course about 1 minute from my house, its been built up so much now...i guess i would go there with mates, but i prefer street stuff more.

ok....im into trials and i have a mod...but sometimes i cant be arsed to just ride like tht and in crappy gears, ive been on my mates bmx and just find it realy fun, ive thought bought getting one for summer just for fun, what you recon? think its worth it? how many of you guys bmx? what are yyour bikes like and how much would you say i could pick one up for?

I've been thinking about a similar thing. I find when I'm riding trials I'm often pretty serious about it and pushing myself quite a lot so it'd be nice to have something to just mess about on in the summer. The idea of hanging out with a group of friends at the skatepark and flowing some lines sounds like an excellent way to spend the time :)

Of course, it probably won't work like that, after a few months I'll end taking BMX as seriously as trials and pushing myself really hard. But it's all good fun anyway.

I've been thinking about picking up the We The People Daredevil bike, to my fairly untrained eye it seems like quite a good deal (only £270 from Winstanley) and a nice bike to start on. I seem to remember reading some good reviews of it somewhere as well, which helps!

I've been thinking about picking up the We The People Daredevil bike, to my fairly untrained eye it seems like quite a good deal (only £270 from Winstanley) and a nice bike to start on. I seem to remember reading some good reviews of it somewhere as well, which helps!

I think if you look around you might be ablo to get it for £180ish. That may be an 2003 version or something but it shouldn't make much difference.

Max

Also.. BMX works wonders for improving at trials.

And you learn to appreciate the trials brake more, seeing as you SHOULD have a poor brake on the bmx.. It's just the way it is. :P

not true my brake on my bmx was mint before i got rid of it, also every one of my mates brakes on their bmx's are mint too

yeah go for it, get a bmx theyre amazing ive been riding one for 5-6 months and i can already icepick for bout 2-3 meters

then again my bmx has cost me bout £800-£950 :P

bmx brakes are supposed to be shite :P

It's all about not depending on a sharp brake. Granted, stuff like fufanus and abubacas require good braking, but most riding can be done brakeless.. It's much more challenging aswell! :P

my bmx has a flat tyre and i canny be arsed to fix it so im just going proppa streety on my x-lite. abubacas and manual to backwheels galore :P

on my bmx i can do one handers, one footers and little tabletops. i also like to tyre tap those little green electrical bins :( and i can truckdriver ( barspin while manualing) :P

bmx-ing is fun

not true my brake on my bmx was mint before i got rid of it, also every one of my mates brakes on their bmx's are mint too

yeah go for it, get a bmx theyre amazing ive been riding one for 5-6 months and i can already icepick for bout 2-3 meters

then again my bmx has cost me bout £800-£950 :(

Don't talk shit tom, your bike cost you about £300 max and you can't icepick for 2-3 meters :P

yup the daredevil is nice, my mate has one, i got the 400 quid wethepeople 4 seasons for christmas and can only say, its the best bmx i have ever riden, the brake that comes with it is mint. everything is strong, the frame is so sweet. iv improved on it really fast since starting at crimbo, can barspin bunnyhop and manual. feeble grind far too manual off things under 2 foot. and crankflip outa them n 360 bunnyhop ect. anyway get a wethepeople whatever you do, i really think they are brilliant bikes.

yup the daredevil is nice, my mate has one, i got the 400 quid wethepeople 4 seasons for christmas and can only say, its the best bmx i have ever riden, the brake that comes with it is mint. everything is strong, the frame is so sweet. iv improved on it really fast since starting at crimbo, can barspin bunnyhop and manual. feeble grind far too manual off things under 2 foot. and crankflip outa them n 360 bunnyhop ect. anyway get a wethepeople whatever you do, i really think they are brilliant bikes.

I thank you for finalling my decision, I am going to get a WTP :P

Can't decide between:

Nova, addict or daredevil....

OR if I have the money whether it's worth getting the four-seasons PRO?