Bb

TheChai

Yeah, you can do it. I've been running a 73mm bb in a 68mm shell for around a year and it hasn't come loose since.. Heres how I did it if you're not sure.

bbbodge7kd.png

All you need is a 2.5mm spacer (Doesn't have to be exact). You can make the spacers out of anything as long as the inner diameter is 3.5cm. I got mine from my lbs for 50p each. I've got about 5 of them left. If you really can't find one, I suppose I could spare you one.

Adam

well had a nice run around my community... visiting most shops.. and apparently its non existant >_<

anyway went down to B&Q and got my self some plastic washers which require some filing and triming before they would fit... lol... i hope they would anyway..

They should do, allthough the pressure between the cup of the bb and the frame might crack plastic washer. If it doesn't work I could post you one.

I don't think you could bodge a 68mm bb in a 73mm frame because that would mean having the file the cup down so theres nothing for the bb tool to grip so you couldn't tighten/loosen it. Also you would need a pretty long axel, there wouldn't be much clearance from the cranks/ chain stays.

well had a nice run around my community... visiting most shops.. and apparently its non existant :lol:

anyway went down to B&Q and got my self some plastic washers which require some filing and triming before they would fit... lol... i hope they would anyway..

Didn't B&Q have any metal ones?

They should do, allthough the pressure between the cup of the bb and the frame might crack plastic washer. If it doesn't work I could post you one.

I don't think you could bodge a 68mm bb in a 73mm frame because that would mean having the file the cup down so theres nothing for the bb tool to grip so you couldn't tighten/loosen it. Also you would need a pretty long axel, there wouldn't be much clearance from the cranks/ chain stays.

I had a 68mm bb in a 73mm frame since i had no moeny after buying the Base so the bb was wobbling side to side which the chainring was rubbing.