Gave My Helmet A Make-over!

joe b

Well got bored with my broken hand and all... So decided to spray my helmet black and sew pink squares onto my helmet strap i think it looks proper bo, what do you guys think?

Numba 1

Numba 2

Numba 3

And heres my favourite, me modelling it! :unsure:

=P

It's my first spray job ever. So i think it's to a pretty decent standard (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

EDIT: Thanks to my main man, Jack (montybiketrial), for telling me what to do!! (Y)

Edited by joe b

Well, the spray job looks like a helmet that came straight off the production line (that means good, basically :unsure:), so that's cool.

Don't the pink squares make it a whore to adjust the strap length?

I was tempted to maybe spray my Xen, but if I break it I'd like to send it back to Giro, and I think a lot of companies get stressy if you paint your helmet 'cos some paints can rape the outer shells?

wow looked at the pics and didnt even realise youd sprayed it (Y) until i read your post.

humm not too sure though, i asked my gf's dad a while ago to spray my helmet (as his real good at air brushing (if thats what its called)) he had a look and said hed rarther not as the paint will proberly weaken/fu*k up the plastic......

let us know how it holds up (Y)

Dave :unsure:

Looking good, very professional (the spray. No comment on the pink squares :P" !)

I did hear something about spray paint breaking down plastics, but it's too late now I guess, have to wait and see! I personally can't see it being a huge problem short term, but that's what I (and others it seems) always thought.

Nice one anyway (Y)

Yeah i used halfords plastic primer, halfords gloss black paint, and halfords clear laquer!

For anyone that wants to know what i did...

1. Taped all the polystyrene inner helmet stuff up, protecting it from the paint etc.

2. Used wet and dry abrasive paper to make the surface a bit rough (just so the colour looks a bit duller, dont go mad!).

3. Sprayed a coat of primer on, distance of about 25cm. Keep the can upright for best results!

4. Let 1st coat of primer dry. Then use wet and dry abrasive paper to roughen he surface of the primer (again, dont go mad!).

5. Sprayed a coat of primer on, distance of about 25cm.

6. Let 2nd coat of primer dry. Then use wet and dry abrasive paper to roughen he surface of the primer.

7. Sprayed a coat of paint on, distance of about 25cm.

8. Let 1st coat of paint dry.

9. Sprayed a coat of paint on, distance of about 25cm.

10. Let 2nd coat of paint dry.

11. Sprayed a coat of clear laquer on, distance of about 25cm.

12. Let 1st coat of clear laquer dry.

13. Sprayed a coat of paint on, distance of about 25cm.

14. Let 2nd coat of clear laquer dry. And TADDAAA!

So that is how to spray your helmet (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

Im 14 on monday, still the youngest person to do army gap!!! :D I was 12, check me outt... :P, das maggot gap hehe

Cheers boys,

Joe.

(Y) Fool!

Edit: and now to contribute to the thread....

The pink crap needs to be burnt off, it makes you look gay!

Good job on the spray though :)

Edited by Urpedigreechumdog