Pashley

Caleb

Hey all,

Recently bought a pashley 26 mhz frame and seperate parts off here, however i set it up to what i would feel nice but it came out much different to what i expected and find it a real effort to ride, very hard to pull up and feels in a really slack gear this could be down to a lot of things but theres only a few things i could think of and wonering if you could help me figure some more appropriate fixable methods out.

I thought Bar height highering so tried a different stem but made it feel worse, higher rise bars maybe, or because iv been riding mod for a long while now?

The spec is basically pash frame and fork, hope mono hubs front and rear, magura rear xtr front, race face prodigy stem, and azonic double wall 1.5 inch rise bars with headlock. Midlleburn cranks 175 mm, 22t front, 18 rear.

685be9af.jpg

9dd6d73b.jpg

Please be kind (Y)

It's just you needing to get used to it. I had a go on Gav Bedford's Ashton when I was in Porthcawl, and I can't remember what gearing he used but it's pretty common for stock riders to run, and it felt like I was riding a bike without a chain. It's just 'cos we mod riders are way too freakin' core for stocks, which is potentially a sign we should never change (Y)

But just get used to it. Try a slightly harder gear ratio for a bit, maybe?

Try and get used to the bar height; try tilting the bars further forwards too?

Ah cheers for the replies lads.

At least i dont have to spend any more money on it lol except for the rear tyre , rubs a bit on the frame and you know what that leads to, im thinking maybe a mitchelin comp 24 2.2 ?

That should fit in there on a 521 anyone?

Edited by Caleb

Lol those v12s are damn rare i tell you damn rare hehe, yeah but the tyres i have to admit went a bit too far, im changing them anyway because i recently noticed compared to my mod they grip like shit in the rain.

And ill polish the pedals or do em black lol, recognise the forks tom?

edit 1 : stem is 70 mm and no rise (Y)

Edited by Caleb

As everyone else has said, just get out and ride alot. You'll soon get used to it, the bikes got a pretty short wheel base but not that short so it'll take some getting used to from a mod that you get the instant acceleration and back-wheelage on. The rear rim and tyre you suggested will do you grand.

Good luck.