T-rex Riders

zoojames

Hey guys,

Just got my t-rex built and was messing around, sits loverly on the rear wheel but was wondering did other people have difficulty backwheeling? Im running 170 cranks and brisa elite bars and stem, at the moment my spacers are ontop of the stem (bike shop did it that way, changing it tomorow) do you recon this would ease backwheeling due to being higher on the bike? Would risers help with a similar sized stem? I.E. Zoo! risers and stem? Or is it just me getting used to it?

Cheers

James :)

EDIT: By backwheeling I mean pedalhoping (ups and gaps etc)

Edited by zoojames

What bike did you have before? (Edit: Zebdi?) And do you front bump?

Front bumping is a lot easier with nice low bars... and longer bikes always feel weird for backwheeling when you change from a shorter one - but they are better when you get used to it!

Adam

Um, i had no problems James, was back wheeling almost as high as on the BT in the first ride, i run a very low bar setup, 5mm of spacers, then a 5 deg rise 120mm stem, with onze riser bars lent right forward, seems fine to me, just give it time, u will get used to it.

Adam

HAHA Adam I had a planet x zebdi with a 60mm stem and riser bars :angry:" my "bmx" bike :angry: and no I dont bump, need to learn on the beast, is it hard to start doing and whats the worst that could happen in doing so?

Cheers

HAHA Adam I had a planet x zebdi with a 60mm stem and riser bars :angry:" my "bmx" bike :angry: and no I dont bump, need to learn on the beast, is it hard to start doing and whats the worst that could happen in doing so?

Cheers

ah right, has been quite a change then, worst thing trying to front tap, um, eating the wall i would say :) :angry: but once u have it, it is SOO much easier.

Adam

PS: i am still in the earlier stages of front tappin myself.

No wonder its a slight change haha, mate of mine has a zeb with a well short stem, it feels really short compared to my 24" haha.

I'm abit funny with tapping, but I've never got hurt trying, I prefer pallets to learn on.

yer Im going to go play on pallets for my wheel swapping aswell so I need to get some more (i have 3, none the same size :angry:) But yeah my bike rode more like a 24" than most 24's I've been on :angry: I used to ride a Zoo Boa though so I didnt think there'd be this much diff, at the moment I've got 10mm of spacers ontop of my stem and 0 underneath it :angry: why did they do that? Will change it tomorow morning and hit the natural (after grinding my rim, oh god I hate koxx rims after a D521 ground for months!)

My T-Rex has 20mm of spacers under the bars, which brings the top of the bars to 39" (I am six foot which is the main reason I run it like that). I have to admit I had a few problems with upping at first. I had a levelboss 1065 prior to the Rex and I could front tap pretty well (about 43" at best), but with the Rex, smaller stuff became very hard as I couldn't seem to get up things without tapping. The geometry is very suited to tapping as Adam said, so the bigger stuff came back to me fairly quickly (in fact I've begun to do around 47" which is a huge improvement), but having had it since December, I've only just got the hang of pedal-ups without tapping. God only knows what the difference must feel like to you.

If you like the way it feels with no spacers, keep trying the bike like that (though personally I would change as I can see the bars being too low for me). Practising on pallets is the best thing you can do really. Good luck :)

My T-Rex has 20mm of spacers under the bars,

:) mine has 40mm of spacers :) but then again i am 6"4 :) but yeah, i coult front hop for shite when i got mine, but its s,owly becoming easier, still, front bumping is proving a slag to learn :angry:

EDIT: rhythm_101 on bros account.....again :)

Edited by club_card

Haha yeha I moved it up, felt so much better, just gota keep going now, going to try learning to tap, how high is minimum you can start tapping (pallet wise/inches i dont mind)

James >_<

Erm, I can't really tap below the top of the head-tube, so I guess somewhere around there would be good to start.