Anodising?

jel

I'm wanting to anodise my hub, but i don't know how or where to do it? I've heard that some people can do it on here, but i don't know who. I've also heard that car painting shops can do it, but i don't know if they could do certain materials?

Cheers,

Josh.

PS- it's for a rear hope mono.

I have used a company a few times for stuff for my motorbike called Candywheels

but it would be easyer to get it done by Hope as they have a facilities there to do it.

give them a ring :P

Oh, cool. My hubs there at the moment any way :D . I'll ring them and see how much it is :P .

Cheers,

Josh.

i cant see hope doing that for you really,

is it a hub which has been used?

if it has already been anodised then it is unlikely you will be able to do it again, for instance when anodising you would first have to strip the old anodise by dipping in nitric acid, this makes the tolerances bigger i.e. spoke holes, and the bearing fit, not a good idea is it?

also you have that problem of the ratchet ring still being in place, these are extremely difficult to remove and you can not anodide whilst stell is in place

regards ash :D

i cant see hope doing that for you really,

is it a hub which has been used?

if it has already been anodised then it is unlikely you will be able to do it again, for instance when anodising you would first have to strip the old anodise by dipping in nitric acid, this makes the tolerances bigger i.e. spoke holes, and the bearing fit, not a good idea is it?

also you have that problem of the ratchet ring still being in place, these are extremely difficult to remove and you can not anodide whilst stell is in place

regards ash :P

Yeah, the hub has been used for a while.

I rang hope today and they told me that they probably couldn't, but i could buy a new hub shell and ask for an unusual colour :P :D .

Cheers,

Josh.

RBM Anodising

Seagull La

Emsworth

Hants

PO10 7QH

United Kingdom

Tel: (07866) 960528

Fax: (01243) 371932

(Y)

before u send it to them you'd have to get the bearings ratchet ring......etc. out of the hub shell (N)

i dont know how hard this is? and im guessing hope have the ratchet removing tool. get them to remove the ratchet before they send it back :o >_<

ta

getting a ratchet ring out of a hope hub is a difficult job (extremely) i know the guys at hope and they don't like removing them, because they are always so tight, you will not be able to do it yourself either,

i was tolds by hope it takes about three people to hold the wheel whilst another person tries to get the ring out using a tool with a long bar for leaverage

regards ash >_<

rite here we go ,

the ring is made of steel and the hub shell is made of alu

the they heat up the hub shell i think which makes the hole for the ring to expand and the ratchet ring to just pop out / pull out

nice and easy

Dan (dont try it at home lol they  have all the ptroper tools

the ratchet ring is on a screw thread and they are tight still when they heat them up, they very rarely bother to mess with these at hope they simply change the hub shell, this is less hasle and is quite cheap to do

regards ash :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...