My Steed

Tod

I have'nt posted any pictures of my ride for a while now, so seeing as I have nothing better to do while Im waiting for it to stop raining ;) I thought I may aswell,

Koxx sx66 frame,

Hope xc rear hub on d521 with a comp 24

Mono front hub on d751 (I think) with a tioga XC

Turbine LP cranks

Haggered V8s, soon to be replaced

Azonic double wall risers,

Raceface deus stem

Avid SD7 rear arms, XTR front,

XT levers, Shimano shifter

Oddysey brakeline all round(the absolute danglies)

gallery_4699_444_156936.jpg

gallery_4699_444_101903.jpg

gallery_4699_444_194011.jpg

gallery_4699_444_153988.jpg

Hope you like it, I know it doesnt exactly look amazing but it runs silky smooth and rides perfect for me.

Cheers, Tom

Cheers for the replies so far guys, glad you like it.

Ive just sprayed the frame dark brown today, im almost certain that it won't be to most people's tastes, but I like it. Ive got another coat of lacquer to put on tomorrow then I should have it built by wednesday night all being well, Il post some more pics then.

It rides supremely nice, it sits on the back wheel really nice and is the king of manuals, the only thing Im not to keen on is the wheelbase, its a shade long which makes spins a bit of a chore, but all going well I'l have a curtis by the end of the summer so that should put an end to the problem.

The stickers were'nt to my taste either, they were to kind of cover up the fact that I had started stripping the frame and then wanted to go riding :">

Thanks, Tom

Ive just finished building it back up again after a re-spray. Before people start shouting at me, Im not riding it until at least tomorrow night to allow the paint and laquer to harden fully, and its being kept in the utility next to the boiler.

Like I said before, I doubt many people will like the new colour, but I love it (Y)

About the seat, unfortunately thats the only angle I can really run it at without it rubbing on the tire thanks to my hacksaw-happy antics with the seat tube a couple of months back (N) So until I get a new frame, or another method of bodging the seat tube in place its going to have to stay like that, I don't think the fact that its a long ass seat in the first place will make it look any better, but ah well.

gallery_4699_444_53577.jpg

gallery_4699_444_191196.jpg

gallery_4699_444_56023.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't too great, the light was fading outside so they've gone slightly blury.

Hope you like,

Tom