Frame Specifications

DaiTrials

Hey guys, I cracked my ashton ;) and although i will ride it till its dead, im gonna need to get a new frame :D ...

I was wondering if theres a site where they list frame weights, wheelbase, bb height , etc, etc .... so i can find something quite similar.

My bikes a good weight and length for me. I could deal with a bit longer, but not much cos im short. There arnt many really good short riders out there, but if your one of them, any advice ??

Also i dont want my bike to be heavier, but i could make up for that in tyres, cranks, which need changing. any sites for weight, specs on these too ???

Dai

well firstly i dont think height should be considered as a limitation.

i think so long as u can set up a bike so that it feels comfortable, i.e like having short stems on a long bike to give u the same reach as u would have on a shorter frame, then the longer bike would give u a bigger advantage because ur bike would be able to get over more things.

would be worth moving to a longer bike, but weight wise they are heavier... which would be the only downside for me... i have gotten kidna used to it though ;)

onza woodstock? 1050wb not that long. 0 bb rise. 380ish chainstays. 1.6kg about 3.5lbs. £350

Another ashton? under warrenty? £250 1050 wb...so itll ride very similar to yours...except itll b stronger and longer ;)

Hey guys, I cracked my ashton ;) and although i will ride it till its dead, im gonna need to get a new frame  :-  ...

I was wondering if theres a site where they list frame weights, wheelbase, bb height , etc, etc .... so i can find something quite similar.

My bikes a good weight and length for me. I could deal with a bit longer, but not much cos im short. There arnt many really good short riders out there, but if your one of them, any advice ??

Also i dont want my bike to be heavier, but i could make up for that in tyres, cranks, which need changing. any sites for weight, specs on these too ???

Dai

I know he wont give you much advice but Marc Caisso rode a 1065 levelboss an came 3rd in the UCI worlds in 2003 on it. An he is proper short! (have you seen the vids of him riding it at Koxx days 03?)

http://free-du.htnet.hr/trials/frames.html

Is that of any use at all? I've never used it for looking for a frame for myself, I just use it for looking at weird frames. I thought it was dead, but it's been updated in the last couple of months, so maybe not.

May be of use, but suggestions from riders will probably be better.

(Might be worth the riders on here putting one of those pages together, what you reckon?)

yo dude,

im only 5ft 6ish and iv just got an 1100 koxx levelboss. and to be honest if i was you id maybe get something that is a little bit longer you can find that street riding is harder (Bunnyhopping mainly) but gapping and tyre tapping pedalling upto and up stuff is far far easier! like a 1065 Levelboss a Marc Caisso frame is 1065 my personal choice i am sponsored by koxx uk but in other ranges your going to struggle to find something that has the perfect geometry and is light, the woodstock is very light but the geo metry has to be set up in and around the set up of bars and stems etc. a base/ashton are great but look what martyn has done he has gone to 1060 wheelbase as everything on a longer bike without going stupid is made soooooooooo much easier, i thort i would look a bit out of place on a long bike but to be honest it doesnt matter (i dont think i look out of place) but it sure does your confidence in doing things alot of good and the geometry plays major part!!!!!

you get on any koxx levelboss and have a go! they are the nuts strong as hell, not super light but ride light due to geometry design. that is what 10 world champions do for you (if thats right its near enough that anyway!)

Waynio......................

hope this helps.

yo dude,

im only 5ft 6ish and iv just got an 1100 koxx levelboss. and to be honest if i was you id maybe get something that is a little bit longer you can find that street riding is harder (Bunnyhopping mainly) but gapping and tyre tapping pedalling upto and up stuff is far far easier! like a 1065 Levelboss a Marc Caisso frame is 1065 my personal choice i am sponsored by koxx uk but in other ranges your going to struggle to find something that has the perfect geometry and is light, the woodstock is very light but the geo metry has to be set up in and around the set up of bars and stems etc. a base/ashton are great but look what martyn has done he has gone to 1060 wheelbase as everything on a longer bike without going stupid is made soooooooooo much easier, i thort i would look a bit out of place on a long bike but to be honest it doesnt matter (i dont think i look out of place) but it sure does your confidence in doing things alot of good and the geometry plays major part!!!!!

you get on any koxx levelboss and have a go! they are the nuts strong as hell, not super light but ride light due to geometry design. that is what 10 world champions do for you (if thats right its near enough that anyway!)

Waynio......................

hope this helps.

bloody hell - when did you get Koxx uk ? 1100 - thats abit of a change then . .. were you not on an onza only recently ?

im not the tallest chap in the world - and i ride a 1060 pure - and its pretty light and i dont find it hard to bunnyhooop n stuff - 1060 you can still ride streety ish.