Weight A Minute

DaiTrials

Hey, now that im getting a new frame, my bikes gonna be hevier, and since im a weight freak a bit I was wondering if anyone could suggest what parts i can get. The folloing things I need to replace due to age/damage, so can people suggest some good replacement parts that are also lighter ??

Cranks - Middleburn RS7 Pro trials 2004

Tyres - Mich Hot S

Peadals - V12

Posibly Bar/Stem - Brisa

Bare in mind i need either a 18 or 20 T on the crankset

Thankys Guys, Dai

Hmmmm, not a lot of choice with the cranks, Tensile's are only a little bit lighter.

Pedal's wise, if your light with the ol' pedal grinding and sidehops to pedal, them get some VP's :)

Tyres, you can't get a much better wieght/grip/puncture proof ratio than with Hot-s's, but if you are VERY smooth, something like continental Verticals are very light, although not muchos recommended :S

I'll definatly go for the hognesium pedals and tensile cranks,

but i need more info on tyres, isnt there another tyre as good as the hot S in black ??

their 680g, so im prepared to have anything up to 900g on the back, so long as i can get a 500g tyre for the front. ALSO WHAT THICKNESSES DO YOU RUN FRONT AND BACK GUYS ??

the brisa bar and stem is pretty heavy dude i think. there are certainly lighter and better feeling set ups which i reckon you would love. the pazza carbon bars feel the sexy and are pretty damn light i think. not that i know but i think anyway. i think Hot S's are pretty much the lightest tyres for trials which are fat. but i seem to remember in MBUK a while back continental diesel 2.5inch tyres, fat and were about 650 Grams i think. what frame are u getting anyways dude?

its not about the weight of the bike! its bout how you can manouvre it about......

Geometry adds alot to how a bike will ride,your bar and stem setup also adds to making the position feel great or not so great. ignore the weight issue and just go for durability and see how you get on, as i was always told you'll never get bigger if you dont put the effort in, so i build a bike using heavier but more durabel bits instead of lightweight bits that break the piggy bank and pocket then break after a few days or even weeks. you tend to notice after only a few days when your bike is heavier you feel fitter and better for it..........i did any way when i first build the "Waynio Mk1" as that was a steed,steel frame steel forks, big rims big tyres. ;) :S

Waynio........................

but i need more info on tyres, isnt there another tyre as good as the hot S in black ??
Anything else is as good as a Hot S, they are the worst tyres known to man. The only people who use them are tarts who want the tyres to match the colour of the rest of their bike...

Anyway:

their 680g, so im prepared to have anything up to 900g on the back, so long as i can get a 500g tyre for the front. ALSO WHAT THICKNESSES DO YOU RUN FRONT AND BACK GUYS ??

Maybe something like a Fire XC on the front. I think they're under 500g (especially the 1.8), and they're good tyres, not too expensive. For the back, 900g limits you. Don't you know that weight saving is soooo last millenium? If you really need to get below 900g, maybe try something like a Panaracer Megablaster. They are (/were?) dirt cheap and about 860g I think. Check the component weights thread in the FAQ.

Or just jump on the Maxxis bandwagon and get a 2.35 dual ply 40a (1300g ish).

those kenda tyers, blue something or other, some sticky compound arse supposedly well light.

panaracer dh2.3 is about 950g i think? and the front is about 550g....not 100% though, crap in the wet though.

cranks id stick with burns and get a ti bash and save a few gramms but have mega strong cranks.

ti bb?

how about running tubeless?

anyways, leave it a bit heavier and your build a few more muscles. :S

panaracer cinder front tyre in 2.25 is sumot like 500g they do do a 2.1 which is about 450g and a 1.8 but would be too narrow. the 2.1 would be best

then on the rear use the "OLD SKOOL" favourite, IRC el Gatto.......... now thats a light rear tyre but id be expecting a few punctures :S :S but is deffo the best compound and lightest put together sort of thing. i think there around 700/800g

Waynio............................