Does Anyone Ride Their Trials On Trails?

SpshulEd

Do any of you take your trials bike on trail rides? I have a zebdi but havent taken it on any trails and some friends want to go trail riding. I have a crappy 80 dollar wallmart special mountain bike, but it has grip shifting which sucks, but its full suspension. THink i should use the cheap bike or the zebdi which has front suspension and better components. Geometry is the main concern, if it will be stable.

i deffinatly wouldnt be using a JJBspecial or even a asda/walmart special full suspension bikes to do and trails.............i put some suspension on the zebdi and ride trails on that would be really nice too as it has a short wheelbase and short top-tube so would give you a really quick and easy to manouvre trail bike......

Waynio.........................

thanks for the comments. THe zebdi has a old mouting bike drive train without the front deralier so the gearing is still find for trails. Ihavent had the money to upgrade yet.

I just baugt the cheap bike to put some miles on when i can around the neighborhood.

I think ill take the zebdi out. Give it a try. I have tall seatpost for it too so we'll see what happens.

I disagree i currently ride Dirt/XC/BMX more than Trials and on all of my bikes i use a much bigger ration than 22/? The Zebdi is a street bike so why not run a 32tooth bash guard like everyone used to do 6/7 years ago

Trev

thats just you though. I managed perfectly fine with 22 tooth. :blink:

Just whack it in a high gear (so long as you don't mind the chain slap)

(32 tooth would be the better option, but its time/hasstle/money)

Edited by rathergoodpie