Monty's 25" Wheel

luke_jay

They do it for the money.

If you buy a Monty frame, it means you either have to use a 25" rim (THEIR rim, so the money goes to them), or you buy an adaptor so it moves the brake mounts up to a 26" suitable area (THEIR adaptor, so more money for them). If you run a 25" wheel, you have to also use THEIR tyres, again, meaning more money for them.

You can't run them on any other bikes, unless they've got the potential for 25" mounts.

Mark

Hmmm....I thought it was to do with better feeling tyre jobbie, with having a smaller rear wheel like mod bike's then you can run a taller tyre which mean's their comp rider's can run super low pressure's. But I could be wrong.

monty rims are shite....total and utter....

the 25" sux...i ride a 26" mont....super shame that the new ones dont come 26"....unless its the urban...but that has shitty v mounts.....

monty should bring out a 26" 231 again......

and why a 25"?

apart from being only monty as mentioned....

25" will have slightly better acceleration than a 26" (with tyre on of course) so yeah... better kikability!

:-

I've had my 231Ti for about 8 months and i've gotta say i was really nervous about the 25" wheel at first. The only downfall in my opion is that the Monty rims arn't great quality.

Other than that i really have no problems with my Monty set up. I run a standard tube and haven't had a punture in a good 6 months. The tyre feels nice , And i'm sure i get a tiny bit more bounce out of it.

You can run a 26" wheel in the new 231Ti frame aswell(theres enough clearance) with the brake adapters or a rear disc.