Competing

philking

I know that waynio has just done a topic kind of similar to this recently, but i would just like to let some of you know about competing.

Basically, a week ago my friend tom Rigg gave me a call saying, "Phil! Round 2 of the tykes is this sunday, we both must enter!" I ummed and arred a bit but after a small chat with him he twisted my arm into doing it...

I had ridden a lot of natural before, so i entered expert.... i did appaulingly, yes, appaulingly. not quite last but close to it, with 84 out of a possible 100 points.

Anyway, the main thing is that i loved it, and i will be doing it again, simply because it was an amazing experience. I am being serious when i say that now i am i tyke trial member and have my ACU licence the hard part is over for me. That was the hard part - getting organised. No i didnt win or beat any of the big names but does that matter when i went out there and enjoyed myself?

Seriously, if you have been bothered to read this post then there is no reason why you shouldnt be bothered to get sorted and start competing. Its really worth it even if you dont make it to the top.

So please consider starting to compete if you dont already. :S

Absolutely agree . Successful or not , simply attending / entering a comp teaches you so much . It's also a great way to meet other riders and see all the shiny kit .

It also shows differing approaches to the same section , the tactical , the brute force ( unhelpful ) the smooth etc. Living in Holland I sorely miss competitions , let alone any trials scene at all :S .

Have fun and good luck .

I have been to tykes all last year, and the main reasons i don't go now is basicly, the comps are in quite shitty muddy places. So if it has rained 2 weeks befor hand, it's all muddy, and thats not the type of trials i'm into. And the one comp i went to that was perfect conditions, theres was a section running down a small stream. :S And when i get my brakes wet, all my confidence/ability goes.

Another reason is it does actualy cost quite alot, i understand why we have to pay that much, but it is alot. And they are sometimes 2 hours away, and if i were to go, all i could do was ride the comp, and then go as i wouldn't want the person who took me waiting for 3 hours while i ride the rocks after the comp. So the whole day i could do about 2 hours riding tops. If i wanted to ride that much i could just go down onto our seawall. BTW i would learn to drive / get a car etc if i had the money.

If these reasons wern't a problem, i would be there.

99% of the people arn't worried about what position they come, thats not an issue with anyone realy. The main reason is just the inconvience of getting there.

:lol:

Edited by JT!

99% of the people arn't worried about what position they come, thats not an issue with anyone realy. The main reason is just the inconvience of getting there.

True, but i know that after the first comp my friend did he didn't want to do another cos he did so badly and felt ashamed (kinda).

What i am really saying is, if there is a chance you can get there, but like me haven't been bothered to get licences etc sorted, then do cos its a really great time, even if you do crap like me.

I want to start to compete this year, but I dont have a lisence and I dont have a clue where to get one or how much everything is.... AT ALL!!!

Could somone please tell me where to get the lisence and how much the tyke trial membership and all the things I need to start to compete are?

The next trial is on sunday the 5th of June i think, they usuall take place on the first sunday of each month, but this can vary.

If anyone wants a ACU licence form then add me to msn and ill send it to you philking58@hotmail.com

Also if anyone wants to know about tyke trial i believe the man in the know is Waynio, just pm him and he'll get you sorted out.

Edited by philking

I know that waynio has just done a topic kind of similar to this recently, but i would just like to let some of you know about competing.

Basically, a week ago my friend tom Rigg gave me a call saying, "Phil! Round 2 of the tykes is this sunday, we both must enter!" I ummed and arred a bit but after a small chat with him he twisted my arm into doing it...

I had ridden a lot of natural before, so i entered expert.... i did appaulingly, yes, appaulingly. not quite last but close to it, with 84 out of a possible 100 points.

Anyway, the main thing is that i loved it, and i will be doing it again, simply because it was an amazing experience. I am being serious when i say that now i am i tyke trial member and have my ACU licence the hard part is over for me. That was the hard part - getting organised. No i didnt win or beat any of the big names but does that matter when i went out there and enjoyed myself?

Seriously, if you have been bothered to read this post then there is no reason why you shouldnt be bothered to get sorted and start competing. Its really worth it even if you dont make it to the top.

So please consider starting to compete if you dont already.  (Y)

DAM WELL said !

i love competing,, it just rocks,, wether high points of low, wet or dry, slippy or grippy, cold or hot,,,

the comp days are always some of the best !

Ditto, one of the main points of doing a comp is that i get to meet friends that i dont see very often from around the country. I love it also because of the competition, competition is good :- (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe Baxter.

Nice one Phil, one comment from me, Travelling!! I myself own a Volvo estate so i took 5 people and 5 bikes to the competition including me, if you can get together and share lifts its sooooo much easier to get there! Its very enjoyable when your there (Y)