A Curb Video

Jonny Jones

Hey all,

OK, saw the 'post your entries here' thread had died to the 2nd page so I gathered nobody was looking in there, and since nobody is allowed to post anything (ie comments) apart from links to entries in that specific thread, I thought it would be better if people just make their own posts so people can comment and the competition may get a bit more exposure... if people are still interested in the whole thing!

Anyways, talking over! Filmed and editing today, here's my entry! I quite like it, but the end is a bit.. well, boring, purely cos I was running out of energy and I didn't have any ideas for any more moves!

A Curb Video - Left Click Here!

Thanks to trials-shack as usual, hats off to the boy Simon! ;)

ALL comments welcome, and I hope more people enter! Its a challenging task (believe it or not) to ride on a curb and make a video from it in the end.. so have a go people! :lol:

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

Definitely a keeper that one (Y) Loved the editing, flowed so smooth like the riding. The tracks were quality too.. i think we have a winner :lol: . Bet you werent too pleased with that car nearly smashing your camera to bits! stupid boy racers lol. Anyway yea mars bar over here people. By the way what camera set up are you using? after seeing your last few vids im thinking of having a bit of a dabble my self, fish eye lens of course ;)

Sweet video geeza ;) Loving your style, it has to be said. How's the suspension going for you overall?

Anywhoos, yeah, I liked it. Relaxing in a way. I didn't really see any super dooper angles and stuff like in some of your other vids, but it's a curb, so there's not really much you can do. I thought the editing was pretty good too :lol:

Cool beans (Y) And I hope the whole BikeShow issue's sorted :-

My camera is approx 3 and a bit years old, not made anymore - Sony DCR-TRV18E. Single Chip, 500 lines res, Mini DV. Was using my Kenko Digital 0.5x Wide lens, on my Hama Star 63 tripod.

Only use a fisheye in the right situations! Dont do what I did and get lazy and keep it on the camera all the time. Take a few minutes to take in the area you're filming in, what angles you can use, what riding is going down etc etc... that way, you can get the best results. Get a 0.5x if you can.

Bike Show issue was me being me when Im tired and annoyed about other things, my fingers do the talking, which I hate... I think I have learnt to controll it all now ahah! But, for that reason, I doubt I'll even be a Senior Member (Y) ;)

The sus is sweet thanks man! Been running it for some time now! Opened up more possibilites.. you can use the rebound for more things, and front taps are as easy as if I was using rigids.

Ta for the comments! :lol:

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

how much did that setup set you back jonny?

Well, the camera was £615 when I got it. Tripod was £16.99 I think. Got it off Amazon. Lens came in a kit with a 0.2x telephoto lens - kit was £59.99. My 0.43x Fisheye was £49.99. All the lenses are screw-on types and not clip-on, so they're more robust. They keep me happy. lol!

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

;) You would look so right on the Drop in Tv street sessions, your stlye , I think is very like the guy with long black hair but more trialsy  sorry can't rember his name. Very good video

Yeaa dude, I bloody love Drop In! Dylan Tremblay, thats the guy's name! Cant wait for Series 3 to come out on DVD!

Jonny.

The kerb comp thread has been on the first page all day today. As far as i'm aware, but then again i'm not a very aware person.

Really good vid, well editied and good riding. With a nice sound affect added to the end, what the hell was that? Spanglish for "cut" Hmmmmm. Lol.

Gonna be a close call between 3 I think. Boons's, leedtrials and yours.

I don't think having seperate topics for every vid would work too well, there'd be a flood of topics.

The kerb comp thread has been on the first page all day today. As far as i'm aware, but then again i'm not a very aware person.

Really good vid, well editied and good riding. With a nice sound affect added to the end, what the hell was that? Spanglish for "cut" Hmmmmm. Lol.

Gonna be a close call between 3 I think. Boons's, leedtrials and yours.

I don't think having seperate topics for every vid would work too well, there'd be a flood of topics.

Was on the 2nd page when I posted.. oh well.

At the end, I said 'And.....' then i did the cut thing.

I think Boon's is gonna win to be honest.

Its not up to me how the posting on entries goes ;) , I was just saying this as it would give people a chance to comment on everybody's efforts... not just mine.

Jonny.

wow man ultra cool. was ok, but i think it was slightly boring and over edited to be honest. just my opnion like but thats what i think. i reckons its gonna be between boons, leedstrials and trialy punks because of the comedy value in his ;)

Many thanks for all your comments!  Keep the entries coming though!  May the best video win!

Jonny.

Very good video there jonny, realy nice editing as always and very imaginative on some of the lines. good luck to everyone with there curb videos