What Bars And Stem?

Monty Riser Bar & Stem. Nicest bars out there IMO. Don't like the way Zoo's feel, the same applies to Koxx bars. Monty's just feel really good, I wouldn't use anything else.

Oh and I have a T-Pro too and it feels sweet. Go get (Y)

Monty Riser Bar & Stem. Nicest bars out there IMO. Don't like the way Zoo's feel, the same applies to Koxx bars. Monty's just feel really good, I wouldn't use anything else.

Oh and I have a T-Pro too and it feels sweet. Go get (Y)

aint they 100 odd quid?

Monty Riser Bar & Stem. Nicest bars out there IMO. Don't like the way Zoo's feel

The bars are pretty much the same shape though... And the stem isnt far from a Zoo one!

If you've got about £60 to spend Stu, I'd recommend saving up a little more (if possible), and then you have more choice. A budget of £85 gives a choice of pretty much every bar (including the Onza Carbon Riser - which many people use and love), and stem (Echo, Zoo, Onza T-Master).

It also depends what exactly you wanna do with the front end... raise it... lower it... make the bars wider/narrower... The forks will also change how the bike handles.

Cheers,

Adam

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Pazzaz risers with the T-Master (same difference as the Echo Team stem, aren't they?) sex me up. It's just an awesome set up. It's a bit higher than the ZOO! ones, but I've found that I can up higher than when I had my ZOO! stem, can tap higher than when I had the ZOO! stem, can gap further, sidehop higher, and can actually bunnyhop and manual now. Plus spinning's about |<- this ->| much easier. It's just a hugely nicer feel to the bike, as everyone who's ridden my bike will testify.

I know it's not cool to want a higher bar height or a shorter wheelbase, but I've found both have worked super well for me.

Anyway, that aside, the shape and feel of the Pazzaz risers is brilliant. They just feel 'right', from the first time I put them on my bike to the last ride I had on them yesterday. They're perfect, really...

Ooh, and you've gotta dig the carbony bits (Y)

I'm what way does it improve the bike, because i have a T-Pro and i don't know weather i should get a new stem and bars or not?

Tom

It improves the way the bike feels on the back wheel, how it pulls up etc. Bar and stems on trials bikes can make or break how they ride...

I would say DEFINATELY change the t-pro bars. I found it made a HUUUGE difference on my t-pro, I hated the feel with the origional bars and stem, expecially on the back wheel. I also lost half a kilo from the front end just by changing bar and stem!!

Most bars on the market are very nice to be honest, you cant go far wrong. With a bike like a t-pro that isnt particularly short compared to others, I think you can afford to have slightly higher rise bar/stem setup and still be able to gap compared to shorter bikes where I have found higher rise bars restricts gapping somewhat more.

I think a beautiful bar and stem setup for a t-pro would be viz! stem with zoo! bars. much wider bars than the standard ones (which make a hell of a difference) and nice light middle-rise stem (not too low or too high)

Like onzaboymark said...the pazzaz risers and a t-master.

but its hard to get Pazzazz bars..soo onza carbon risers are the equivalent.

But if you want something a little lower...go for a Zoo! stem.

ive used both and i prefer the zoo! stem

Nah same bars im sure, my brother was going to get a pair from bike dock for the cheapness of them.

I run echo bar and stem on my mod,- t pro

Brother: xlite flat bars - viz stem -xlite frame

Yoda:brisa elite bar and stem-t -pro

Rick: onza cf flat with t master stem, t-pro

and jay and si use monty x lites- tpro/ new t -master . id say they all feel nice but the brisas even though not much wider than the echos felle reallllly long, maybe has something to do with the stem?

You cant really go wrong, i even had a t-master-megamo bar and stem set up on my tpro and it didnt feel too bad (Y)

Zoo stem, onza carbon risers, loving it! Felt really weird at first, but now i cant handle high bars, just feels well dodgy. Get the onza risers from bikedock, 35 beans  (Y)

Just out of curiosity, is that my old ZOO! stem? If so, glad it's working out OK :S I couldn't deal with that at all, it just felt plain wrong. Can't really see my bar height dropping below 37-38" in the near future. If anyone wants to try out the high bar and stem/long crank approach, just heckle me at the YMSA comp on the weekend and you can try it out - not that you'd want to :D

Mark

Yeah it is, im liking it at the moment, still getting used to it, but ive always had quite low bars. Think they're about 35 inches at the mo, but im quite short so suits me fine.

The CF risers on bikedock are the real deal, i havent a clue why they are so cheap. The extra wide ones are only 44 on there too. (Y)