Ouch

aaron_trials _247

hey all,

siting here in pain after a rail had an unorganised meeting with my arse after i went to go for a gap and thought my bars were out of line found out as i landed on the rail that my stem had cracked then as i put force onto it on the landing onto the rail kerchnap went my stem

it wasnt anything special but no gives mea good excuse for a new one (Y) and myabe some bars

stem1.JPG

stem2.JPG

stem%203.JPG

painful DAN

Edited by aaron_trials _247

Wow, nice one (Y)  Never seen a broken stem before, anyway lucky you only hurt your arse a bit. ^_^

I have. I had a cheap no-name stem on my (trials) bike ages ago. It had a sticker on it. One day I noticed (through the semi-clear sticker) that it had a crack running the whole length of it, and about half the way around. Needless to say, I didn't do much trials until I replaced it :P

Claim!

Unlucky mate!  Did you get footage of the bail?

Don't Claim!

Seriously, why the hell would you claim for that? You were using a part for trials. It broke.

*insert dramatic music*

Not having ago at thread starter, just this way that the litigation culture is now extending into trials more than I'd like it to...

i wasnt going to claim i was going to email club roost and tell them because the weld has a mahousive crack in it and it crackled perfectly straight arlound the weld so i mite see what theyll do

Dan

You are a 'big lad' though (Y)

Jokin man hehe.

Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...
Claim!

Unlucky mate!  Did you get footage of the bail?

yeah thats the attitude you nob! i know lets all start up law suits against all the clubs and companies who make our sport as fun as it is and then watch them all colapse under the financial pressure, what will we end up with - fat wallets and no trials :angry:

i f**king hate people like you, there are so many bullshit claims going on now, its because of this litigation culture that we're having to work so f**king hard to get freeridetrials club off the ground!

Has it been cracked for a while? I've never snapped a stem because I regularly check it  for cracks... the stem is one thing I never want to have snap on me! I did crack about 3 Monty X-lite stems last year though...

Dave

I somehow managed to twist my pazzaz stem, I couldn't figure out why my bars sat higher on the right, so I sent em to onza who checked them and said "it's not the bars".

Moral of the story, it's easier to twist a pazzaz stem than bend onza bars. :angry: