Best Cheapest Booster

seaman

Hey

I am a total rookie and just got myself a second hand t-pro, first ever trials bike, the back stays seem to flex alot when I pull the brake.. so I want to get a booster but not spend much on it..

how about something like this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WD2V

I have hs-33s so will it fit? (4 bolts) remember I don't know jack so no jargon please, thanks..

Hey

I am a total rookie and just got myself a second hand t-pro, first ever trials bike, the back stays seem to flex alot when I pull the brake.. so I want to get a booster but not spend much on it..

how about something like this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WD2V

I have hs-33s so will it fit? (4 bolts) remember I don't know jack so no jargon please, thanks..

That booster would fit and would do the job ok.

But really these are what your looking for.

IMO any booster is good as any really, the magura 2 bolt one, and the very expensive echo one will be just as good as each other, but i'm sure poeple wont agree with me. (Y)

:D

That booster would fit and would do the job ok.

But really these are what your looking for.

IMO any booster is good as any really, the magura 2 bolt one, and the very expensive echo one will be just as good as each other, but i'm sure poeple wont agree with me.  (Y)

:D

Yeah those echo boosters seem decent, will it make any difference to the braking do you think? (just on the rear) I really need one finger braking and its okay now but could be better, the hs33's are from the '02 tpro..

thanks

When I first got my t-pro I noticed that the rear stays flexed excessively when I pulled the rear brake so I thought I would invest in a booster.

I decided to go for an RB booster and while its not the cheapest around it works very well and looks pretty. :D

Still if you are on a budget then the echo boosters look rather nice and I would have thought that would be your best bet.

Tarty bikes sell them and have great customer service plus speedy delivery! :P

www.tartybikes.co.uk

Edited by dean

Yeah those echo boosters seem decent, will it make any difference to the braking do you think? (just on the rear) I really need one finger braking and its okay now but could be better, the hs33's are from the '02 tpro..

thanks

Good brake blocks are more improtant than anything, and the use of a grind and tar. If you are still using standard blocks, then you should buy some, rimjams, heatsinks, etc. Theres no real point opf getting a booster of your still using the magura blocks.

:P

thanks for all the info lads, I think i'll go with the echo booster and maybe rimjam blue's, I'm not gonna be grinding or putting tar on the rim until i get really obsessed

Good choice of blocks and booster, but you really ought to get a grind (only light on RJ blues) or tar.

Find a bit of tar and just put a little bit on, increases your braking and confidence.

:P

thanks for all the info lads, I think i'll go with the echo booster and maybe rimjam blue's, I'm not gonna be grinding or putting tar on the rim until i get really obsessed

Echo booster :D

But what i did was wait amd keep checking forsale/wanted section on the fourm and picked up a RB Booster for about £15

Here is one

No grind or tar :P ,theres nothing wrong with a bit of tar and its really nice to have a working brake !

Sam

Edited by samthebiker