24" Rims - Sun Bfr

Tomm

I think he means its a bmx rim, obviously failing to notice that it comes in 24 as well. (least i hope it does or boy will i feel stupid) If you want a decent 24 rim tomm i'd go for either atomlab, tioga or sun. although personaly i think the ryno lite is more than adequate and mucho light.

Pete

I think he means its a bmx rim, obviously failing to notice that it comes in 24 as well. (least i hope it does or boy will i feel stupid) If you want a decent 24 rim tomm i'd go for either atomlab, tioga or sun. although personaly i think the ryno lite is more than adequate and mucho light.

Pete

Well 'cos I need 36h, I am limited to a few rims. Can't get Tioga in 36h (Unless someone can find me one - I'll be very greatful!), otherwise I would. There doesn't really seem to be much info around about the rims available in 24" - It's not like I can just buy a D521 in 24" or something and know that it will be good. And before anyone says, yes, I have seen the FAQ... The only reason I was asking about the Sun BFR was that there's one on eBay, but I think I'll pass :P

Rhyno lites, atomlab and dmr rims all come in 36h, problem with atomlab is they're expensive and heavy. Although they make up for that in being the definition of bomb proof! Rynolites are d521 like and quite light, not to sure about dmr rims. Talk to leedstrials, Mike knows tonnes about 24 stuff and came up with loads of stuff when i was going to put a 24 rim on my monty.

Pete

I had the old old old version of that for 26" years ago, it was a beast actually. I know my version was pinned, but held up very well.

Don't get the pinned ryhno lites, i had a 26" version and it was crap. The welded one on the other hand :P (N)

dmr's are ok bit cheesy though

mike

i have the big mamoth fat which is the same rim (well from what i can tell) but with a different sticker on as sun have rebranded it due to the mamoth being years old. however i have only just got it as my local bike shop dosnt really shift stuff that quickley.

the rim seems to be holding up really well to hanging up on streety stuff, ledges etc and really isnt that heavy. the high sidewalls give alot of strength and a mamoth braking surface. :P

i really dont see a reason why you shouldnt get it. but there alot of other rims that are probably just as strong but a bit lighter.

mat

i hope that made sense

edit. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...3D%26safe%3Doff

Edited by mathuds0

Pete

No no no.

24 inch rim is either Sun or Arrows rims.

Nothing else comes close.

Or you could go for something completely off the wall.

General Issue.

http://www.atomlab.com/

They are a bit heavy I reckon.

Tthere's some weird stuff going on on that website, read the pinning vs welding bit and the eyelets vs no eyelets. According to Atomlab, eyelets make the rim weaker, and pinned rims are better than welded rims (Y)

Haha, yeah, I read that a while back too... They're just trying to make their shoddy rims appear better  (Y) They make some interesting claims though.

or just there shoddy products in general :("

G.I race bars - 1 1/2 weeks before bending :D

but it is interesting what they say about pinned versus welding, but meh I will stick to my rhyno lite xl and so should you :-

well on the link you gave it said "20" CHROME"

and someone said they only come in 24, unless i read it wrong?

i was just pointing out that it said  20" on the page.

Er right. I didn't even post that link up...