Bike Insurers

Derek Gibson

go for a company called endsleigh (i think thats how you spell it) they do student discount if your in full time education.

also i think mine was insured with cornhill, and i got a full cash payout (well cheque) when my bikes were stolen, not some replacement. good friendly company who acted quickly, got the money within 6 weeks.

hope that helps

Mine were stolen form my garage so were covered under house insurance and I got paid out £1800 within 3 weeks.

If you get it knicked when you are out just say u put it down in driveway and went in to get a drink and it was gone when you came back. that what i said when a few years ago with my GT Timberline......

Just got robbed a couple of weeks ago and im awaiting my new ride which is coming my insurance policy let me do it on the house insurance. It cost be 6squids a year and was insured to the full value shame it was a diffferent more valuable bike that got niked :lol: no fun. Use house insurance its sooo much cheaper and make sure youre garage is secure, mine obviously wasn't

Trev

Mine were stolen form my garage so were covered under house insurance and I got paid out £1800 within 3 weeks.

If you get it knicked when you are out just say u put it down in driveway and went in to get a drink and it was gone when you came back. that what i said when a few years ago with my GT Timberline......

Buck, how did you tell the insurance company that It was worth £1.8k?

You show pictures and get it valued at Aire Valley or what? I'm guessing just your word for it wouldn't be good enough for the insurance company? Or did you keep recipts or something?

I'm wanting some sort of insurance too.

Thanks, Nick

i valued 3 bikes for him.

Waynio........................ :turned:

obviosly with a bit of leaniancy........altho his ashton alone was nearly worth £1400!!!!! so for 3 bikes it wasnt really that bad. the quote could have been nearer £2200 or more............... luckily he had a good insurance policy with decent insurers.

My bikes are insurred with Abbey, and come under the house insurance. I just have to give them a spec and can show proof of some purchase, and pay a little extra a year to insure it to a certain price.

Then( this is the GOOD bit) if it gets stolen from the premesis when its locked up, OR if its stolen off me....then ive only got to pay £25 to get the bike back