Help Me Guys

Trials Boy

What Is The Best Rims For Front And Rear Light Street Riding?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What Is The Best Rims For Front And Rear Light Street Riding?

• New Echo CNC
    • New Viz
    • Onza Ronnie/Reggie
    • Onza Hog's

echo as it looks like best and is strongest. i had a ronnie and i kept snapping spokes in it, i know others have problems with this aswell. i couldnt work it out but i have been informed that it is to do with the ronnie not being as strong with sideways movement.

echo rims take a right beating, and i havent had any problems with spokes snapping unlike my ronnie.

the reggie and viz rims arent really in the same league as the echo and ronnie, being made from a softer material and well known for being "cheese" ie not strong...the only benifit they bring is that they are wider.

Edited by James_Porter

Depending on what frame you are running, i would go for the echo rim. It is plenty wide enough for most frames brake mounts, and looks sweet too. It is also plenty strong too which is always a bonus. If you dont like that then go for the ronnie, nice rim and pretty strong if built correctly (same with any other rim).

I voted for echo. They're made out of the same matreials as ronnie's. But.. ah i dunno actually i would have gone for the ronnies but only caus theyre 36 hole. What hubs have you got (what hole)? But the echo's are quite sexy...

Cheers,

Joe.

I voted for echo. They're made out of the same matreials as ronnie's. But.. ah i dunno actually i would have gone for the ronnies but only caus theyre 36 hole. What hubs have you got (what hole)? But the echo's are quite sexy...

Cheers,

Joe.

But Onza Ronnies arn't CNC'd are they?

But Onza Ronnies arn't CNC'd are they?

Noope, the Ronnie's are drilled.

I'd go Ronnie, my mates Echo was absolute shite - Only useable as a front rim really.

It was full of dents after one ride :lol:

He's not running a Ronnie, and hasn't dented it at all, even though he's been running it about 10 times longer than the Echo.

Well my Echo rim (the one before CNC ones) has died today. 5 huge dents and a massive flatspot, the tyre wont stay on the rim above 10psi it pops off.

Although this has happened I would deffinatly reccomend them as this is due to my mech ripping into the spokes and weakening the build which didnt help.

Ronnie!!!! i heard that the new echos aren't as strong because they have knocked 100grammes off them, plus they dent easily.

My mates is screwed whereas my ronnie which i got before him (both built by the tart onto the same hubs, both 32 hole, and we both do all the same stuff but my mates smoother than me) and mine is perfect!!!

ONZA!!! :turned:

I thought the ronnie/reggies were exactly the same material as the echos? and were practically the same as the old echo rims (that had drillholes).

Same goes for onza hog and viz - arent they both just tryall copies, but with eyelets? :turned:

Well I've just ordered a Hog to go on my Profile hub. I'll tell you what It's like once i've got it built up.

It's only a rim though. They'll all be about the same, so If i were you I'd just pick the prettiest :turned:

Which is the Echo IMO.

(I couldn't get the Echo one 'cos it isn't 36h which my profile is)