Joshua Fit For Battle

Orchid

Song Of Zarathrustra

Funeral Diner

Encyclopaedia of American Traitors

Circle Takes The Square

Forstella Ford

Dont be so god damn pedantic.

Stop trying to be so clever cos to be honest your not.

This is rapifly turning into a 'name as many really underground bands as possible in order to score EMO points' thread...

Who is to say whats Emo and whats Screamo?

All music is Emo. Some songs have screaming in them.

have to agree with-The tart- here, this thread made me laugh, "lets see who can name the most bands, that no one else has heard of", lmao.

Dont be so god damn pedantic.

Stop trying to be so clever cos to be honest your not.

I'm not being pedantic Jonathon, I'm just pointing out what is true emo, if you bothered to listen to it, you'd realize all these new "emo" bands aren't really anything to do with it, they've just been labelled that as apparantly its cool.

I don't even know what people are classing as screamo these days, I've even heard MCR being called that, I always assumed screamo involved screaming.

I wasn't posting just to be a twat, I thought people might be interested in hearing where their music came from, I used to listen to all this new breed of emo but I prefered the old kind much better.

And I also wish it wasn't called emo, as someone always brings up the "lololol elmo!!!11" line too.

I'm not being pedantic Jonathon, I'm just pointing out what is true emo, if you bothered to listen to it, you'd realize all these new "emo" bands aren't really anything to do with it, they've just been labelled that as apparantly its cool.

I don't even know what people are classing as screamo these days, I've even heard MCR being called that, I always assumed screamo involved screaming.

I wasn't posting just to be a twat, I thought people might be interested in hearing where their music came from, I used to listen to all this new breed of emo but I prefered the old kind much better.

And I also wish it wasn't called emo, as someone always brings up the "lololol elmo!!!11" line too.

You spelt my name wrong. HAHA

No No, hehe, i wasn't being mean when you said about "the scene"?

It just brung up the question in my mind that i wanted answering which was, what are scene kids?

jennX

They like to find obscure bands on purevolume.com and then list them. The great thing is that purevolume.com categorises them anyway, so you don't have to fret about whether they are emo/screamo/emocore/screamocore/hardcore/post hardcore or whatever cool sub-genre that is floating about these days.

I've always assumed a band like Thursday to be emo. Then again I am a commercial junkie compared to some of you boys. Other bands like At the Drive In, Taking Back Sunday and Thrice are also emo? I don't know.

The Weakerthans are definetely indie. They are real cool though so it is ok.

Emo is an american thing that has caught on over here and now comercial punk popish bands are gangbanging emo, which is basicly pussy metal, it's really sad, saying that I look preety emo but not a big fan of the music, give me my Electronic Indie Pop anyday!

James (N) now sick of emos being emo and scoring emo points