Hayfever - Who Gets It And Do You Have Any Tips?

the666ers

Rightyho

I can probably speak for lots of people when I say that hayfever can absolutely ruin your spring and summer time, runny nose, streaming eyes, itchy throat, the sneezing.....It's just horrible.

I bet I'm not the only one on here who is suffering epic style right now so bitch and moan here about it and let us know how you survive. What medication do people take and does anyone have any tips on helping it out? I've heard that local honey helps it out but haven't tried yet.

James

The main thing I suffer from is itchy eyes, it becomes unbearable at points, and I just look like I've smoked a load of weed. (Y)

I take whatever medicine we happen to have, it's benadryl or something at the moment, seems to be ok. (Y) Local honey helps, as it helps build up immunities to the pollen, and also rubbing a bit of vaseline on the bottom/inside of your nose really helps too, as the pollen just sticks to it.

Mike. :P

I went to the doctors about it because i'm getting it REALLY bad this year, he gave me some tablets for it and they seem to have worked so far. But today I feel bad, i've been told by loads of people that I look stoned :P (Y) Anyway, just go to the doctors and see what they can give you for it :D

EDIT:

The main thing I suffer from is itchy eyes, it becomes unbearable at points, and I just look like I've smoked a load of weed. >_<

and also rubbing a bit of vaseline on the bottom/inside of your nose really helps too, as the pollen just sticks to it.

Mike. :)

That's what I did last year and it helped loads! Give that a go.

*Goes to find some Vaseline* (Y)

Edited by Siders77

it's benadryl

Completly off topic, but I fancy the woman off the benadryl advert..

A guy at school has the worst hayfever I have ever seen, he goes to the doctors and gets it sorted out, what they give him really does seem to work.

Sorry that was not helpful (Y)

Um I would recommend buying 3 ot 4 of the known ones to work best......

Clarytin, Zirtek benedryl and a nasal spray maybe the one suggested in the angry thread.

Then try them all out.

Another thing i find is that rotating the tablets im taking i.e clarytin one week then zirtek the next helps.

Just vairy the tablet youir taking otherewise the body gets used to it.

The nasal spray I have works wonders, its Rinosone.

I think you can only get it on perscription though.

I'm suffering quite badly this year too, however there's a new drug that was featured in the papers which my doctor got hold of for me. It's called Pycnogenol and is made from pine bark. So far it's worked as well as smearing dog shit on my face.

I hate hayfever.

I'm on some prescription stuff called Cetirizine, and it says one a day but currently I'm on 5 or 6 just to keep it under control, it really is awful, definitely has the power to ruin your summer...

Joe

I use that aswell - but i take 1, and it seems to work fine (Y)

I'm on the Benadryl One-a-day pills, I seem to be fine, I occasionally get runny eyes but that's not such a problem, except when in driving lessons (Y)

Though I think it's pretty clear that I only suffer lightly from it considering the other posts . . .

I've got prescription eye drops, nasal spray and one a day neoclarityn tablets. If I take all of them they seem to work prety well. Also if you change your shirt through the day that helps, as the pollen doesn't just keep collecting, and closing your window on a night helps loads, although it makes the heat a bit unbearable when the weather's like this.

As i mentioned in the angry thread, use nasal spray, beconase seems to be doing to job for me (Y)

I hate it too, but i !!!HIGHLY!!! reccommend that (Y) the benadryl are great but I have to take 2 a day which is expensive imo :P

yeh i get it bad too.

i get pescription pills and have done for the last few years, although this year my mum said "i'd thought you grown out of it" ^_^

so, on a slightly different topic, anyone had it bad and then just grown out of it? cos i can't see that being possible if its an allergy.

Hydrocortisone injections, many differrent pills at twice the normal dosage, nasal sprays, eye drops, inhalers, air ionisers, all kinds off shit and different tricks and I still suffer worse than anyone I know. I'm about to go home from work early again because I just can't do anything. As for 'growing-out' of it, I feel like it's getting worse! I HATE it.

One thing I hate even more is when stupid people patronise you by saying shit like, "I know how you feel, I think I might be getting a bit of it this year, I was a bit sniffly this morning", or "Have you got a cold?"!!! They have no idea.

Dan