05 Maggies Tpa

Davetrials

I had that problem, I wiggled the pads in and out of the cylinders to trya dn loosen it up and then tried to turn the tpa till i thought it would break in the negative direction until it budged. You just have to put some real force into it and not worry about breaking it.

I put it on my trials bike and.......... 

Phones been hung up.

Which company did you order it off ?

To be fair it truly isn't "fit for purpose" there for your entitled to a full refund and an apology.

Try ringing again a few times maybe your just getting a tosser on the phone try and get through to the manager,tell him about his staff maybe you will get some vouchers?

If they do nothing ring trading standards you have the same rights on return policy as you do in the shop even if it is over the net :D :P

Hope this helps ?

Sam

Edited by samthebiker

i heard from a source that they break because people are over tightning the bold that goes through the lever and this is cracking the metal and when it is under pressure ir snaps off so dont over tighten the bolt!!!! :)

I just got my 04 maggie... it looks way better than than the 05 lever. Not only does the 05 look weaker, it actuly is. So magura should go back to the 04, maybe a couple of ajustments like the TPA, perhaps make it stronger....only problem i have with the 04.I used to have a super old HS22 (98 i think) anyway that was a tank of a lever.

Thing is though, Magura sell their brakes as suitable for trials. Plus a brake lever is not exactly something that will have any extra force on a trials bike. If my lever broke after two hours, I'd be wanting a refund - That's not even enough time to damage it! Next season's Maguras - back to 04 levers?

What is the 04 lever like? I get really confused when everyones like "oooh 04 lever" I thought they went from the horizontal pull that was around ages to the new 05 levers.

Could someone post a pic of an 04 lever and an 05 lever so I can see the difference please.

Edited by Team War Rider

if you are having problems make sure that magura knows of them. go to magura.de and write feedback to their customer forum. their engineers will probably read it from time to time. maybe the brake will be improved for 06 or atleast 07.