Giany Team Martyn Hawes Edition

Connor

Hey people i was wondering how strong are giants the team martyn hawes edition yellow red and blue one, are they strong good on the back wheel light, inlighting me with the trials forum knowledge lol.

thanks

snowy (Y)

Hey people i was wondering how strong are giants the team martyn hawes edition yellow red and blue one, are they strong good on the back wheel light, inlighting me with the trials forum knowledge lol.

thanks

snowy (Y)

They have a longer wb than the normal un (Y)

Stronger for some reason :S

IMO stiffer,flickier, and all round better (Y)

If you have one, or are getting one..then you are very lucky, if not; buy it !!!!!

They are very strong and generally good frames, I had one for aaaages, learnt almost all of my trialsing abilities on it so far, but moved into mod riding and sold it a week or two ago. You can pick the old ones up very cheap now, an excellent idea to look into them! The quality of these frames are really very good, as you would expect from a make such as Giant which has such a hold on the general cycling market, and therefore a large budget. Weight is also pretty low.

However, if you have a bit more money to spend, I would check out the latest giant trials team (the one with the curved tubes, longer wheelbase, shorter rearend, slightly lighter, etc- more "regular" trials geometry, but I bet it rides really, really well)

Oh by the way, as for the "limited edition" yellow one being longer, or nicer riding, Im not too sure about that... my black one (looked like the one in the other picture posted above) measured a 1050 wheelbase. I think the black and yellow ones have only very very minor changes between them, any riding differences would probably be only psychological, or down to spec

There are 2 types:

trialsteam.jpg

trials_team_o_s.jpg

Adam

The top one is the older version, originally this one was done in yellow with a dark blue blue front(Yellow is the limited edition, only 500 were made in the first batch)

Then it was released in black and then blue(top picture), blue is just the new giant colour. I think the black and blue ones are the same other than the colour, the difference from the yellow one is minor changes such as the rear disc mount etc.

The bottom one is the newest frame which is a different shape.

I have the original yellow one, Had it for 4 years and its solid. Very light and short so nice and easy to hop around. Has a good reputation from what I hear from people personally.

Harry - Littleharrys@hotmail.com