Have You Ever Noticed?

Hi people, just wanted to ask people if:

I noticed tonight that when i was riding on my road, a little lad that lives on my road (about my chin height [4,10" or summit]) he asked for a go on my bike, since i knew him, il let him have a go, but when he got on it, the bike looked really big on him, it looked like the bars were very very high and that the frame was quite high.

Has anyone else known this?

The nest time someone says "o, you on that tiny bike" well, just think, it isn't exactly tiny if i can ride it! :shifty:

Well the bar height isn't exactly low is it... mainly cos of the massice stems, also the bb rise almost puts it to the height of a 26" (well until the vinco came and started to change stuff :shifty:" ), so really i suppose it is fairly common sence... but good observation :P

I am often troubled by this, and tend to lose several hours sleep a day over this vexing problem.

Oh please we don't need another Mr Monkey we are just about bearing him :P

One thing I have noticed latley is the increasing wheel bases of Mods, its just progression I surpose :shifty:

Long is cool now.

Short is for oldskoolers.

I guess.

I do tend to like the way longer bikes look.

By the way, how do trials bikes compare to XC bikes in terms of wheelbase?

What's a normal wheelbase for an XC hardtail?

By the way, how do trials bikes compare to XC bikes in terms of wheelbase?

What's a normal wheelbase for an XC hardtail?

Around the 1000 mark so pretty short but thats what trials used to be (Y) my mate still rides hid Identiti for trials and thats got a wheelbase of 998 so it's uber short :P I always hit my feet on the front wheel with it.

matt

Yeah, mod bikes arent that small really, they are quite large infact, like mini moto-trials bikes but, compared to BMXs, Mod bikes are rather large compared to them, Mods can be longer and higher up and generally fatter in shape as the mod tubing is normally thick alloy, whereas BMX is stick thin 4130 tubing.

So yeah, Mod bikes are not small at all, and indoors they look massive!