Glueless Patches.

rich4130

I've been wondering about these, and as its such a big expensive decision I thought I'd ask here.

Do Park self adhesive patches actually work?

park%20gp2%20patch%20kit.jpg

Thats about it really.

Rich

They do...(I was given one some day)

But honestly, the old fashion glue patches are well proven...and what takes time in a repair is not the wait for the glue :shifty: , but the preparation of the tube, and finding the holes...

Yeah when we rode in exeter once we had to use these park ones and they seemed to work ok!

I've used the leach ones that I got free with mbuk and they work a treat!!

Just peel the back off and stick, easier then leting glue dry and then the air can still leak out (only if you do a crap job I suppose)

Get the leach ones!

Rob :shifty:

They are only good for thorn punctures. Anything bigger and the patch is either not big enough or within five minutes the patch will probably be burst open by the pressure. I always carry some with me when I'm freeriding or XCing as they are quick and easy with thorn punctures.

Not really useful for trials puntures though (Y)

i have tryed using them on pinch flats before.. they explode from the centre when you least expect it. it might not even be for like a week before it goes, but it will!

Stick to box standard glue n rubber patch.

or, you can cut up an old innertube and use as patches. i do this all the time. its all in the preperation. make sure u sand the foook out of the cut up tube 'patch' and glue it, then sand your punchured tube, and also glue, then wait for glue on both parts to go sticky and apply the patch! -oh and press down hard for like 30 sec, expecially on the corners of the patch.

works a treet!