Bent Link

JIX

Every time i snap my mech hanger I manage to bend a link in my kool chain.

This is very annoying as it does not go round the drive chain very smoothly.

It happened before and i have managed to bend it back with my mand, but this one wont go back and I cant think of a way to bend it back with some sort of tool.

Any suggestions.?

I would like to buy a new chain but lack the funds to do so.

It wont weaken it that much I dont think. Its not that bent but I cant get it to bend back.

I mean bent as in when you look down on the chain the chain line kinks because one link is not straight. Its not twisted at all just one link deveates from straight.

Edited by JIX

I really wouldn't run it if you've had to bend links back. It's going to have put stress through the plates and rollers and the chain pins, which are things you don't really wanna stress in the way you are doing it.

If your bike shop is half decent they might have a few spare links of chains out back (We do (N)), so you might strike gold there. Surely you had some when you first got the chain? Or have you just lost them? Either way, could try asking for a coupla links from people on here?