Gear Ratios

MikeWarner

Hi,

Im not sure yet what gear ratio I will get for street trials (bikeless at the mo) but in my Chain reaction wishlist I have a Middlesburn crankset with a 22t ring and a Tiagra cassette with 12-25 teeth, So Im hoping that will be a suitable range? I dont want to go to twidly after being used to a 42T Dh rig! What do you think?

~Gareth

better to start on a low gear as ur get ur body movement and technique better as ur not relying on ur legs to pedal every thing, if you use a higher gear you will find it easyer to gap but thast urs legs doing the work not ur whole body so try a low gear :S

better to start on a low gear as ur get ur body movement and technique better as ur not relying on ur legs to pedal every thing, if you use a higher gear you will find it easyer to gap but thast urs legs doing the work not ur whole body so try a low gear  :S

Good point, I didnt think about it that way. I see what your saying, thank you :D)

~Gaz