Br3n V4

br3n

That sessionclothing thing... Well there is no real site (correct me if I'm wrong)? And there's another clothing make called Sessions, which I would say have been around longer.

That bench looks cool though (the outside one).

Hmm I dunno. I prefered the ass in V3.

Its a nice site and I understand that youve made it simple for reasons but maybe its just too simple.

It doesnt show your full potential of site building, well it does in the links, but it doesnt have a major "wow this guy is good at this" jump out feel to it.

The graphics and other sites you have made though are 110% awesome!

I deffinately like it though. Maybe instead of a long list of links, how about putting them all further up so you dont have to scroll down the page, that might be better, dunno. Its nice atm though. What does it look like on IE btw cause sites seem to look better in firefox than they do in IE.

Sam

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

thanks people, Just to answer a few questions:

Im glad you spent the time to look at the work, As I said I hoped the work would stand out more than the site - but at least you can read the text unlike the last one (Y)

Thanks ben - i'll change the description

as for looking better in firefox, as everyones pointed out its a very simple layout, text mostly so it should display exactly the same in ie as it does in firefox

once again, thanks for your time (Y)

As a Graphic Design Graduate From Falmouth College of Arts I thought i'd give my opinion. Don't take offence of any criticism, it is there to be constructive.

First of all, the look of the Portfolio website is exactly what employers will be looking for, no f**king about, just simple links (make sure you get the broken ones fixed though). Not sure about the Oriental writing, does it have a purpose, or is it there for looking pretty? (Y)" this is something I try and personally avoid (this is just my opinion) things should always be there for a purpose, form should always follow funtcion, otherwise they are pointless.

The session clothing stuff is impressive, very contempary, i know plenty of people who would be happy to wear that sort of stuff. :blink:

You are obviously a talented web designer, infect, i was curious as to who designed the Viz and Rimjam websites as soon as i saw them, as I really liked the look of them, and to be fair i'm a picky twat. So thats gotta be a good thing! Some of the best looking trials websites out there without a doubt. The MAD one is particularly nice, again, not cluttered clean lines and nice use of gradient. Very Mac-like. With any luck you can teach Koxx a thing or two about web design. :o" I'm impressed. :lol:

Logo work is also nice, the X3 one is particularly nice. It would be good to see it on the site.

Graphics artwork is ok, but i have to admit it looks terribly dated. That whole multi layered photoshop thing is really a thing of the past. very mid nineties "why not associates" But within its field its a good attempt.

Basically, as an 18 year old designer you have a shite load under your belt. And should be incredibly chuffed with the work you have created. Without a doubt your strength is web design and if you carry on the way you are going you should have no trouble finding a job. I suggest setting yourself a really abstract experimental project for yourself, just to show that you can produce something other than corporate branding design. Just go mad with it!

Hope this has helped you.

All the best in the future, i'm sure you'll go far as a designer.

Rob

Thanks for your comments rob!

The multi-layered thing is true, But then again its the style of work I like most so i tend to do it a lot (N)

As for a career, Im studying 3d design (furniture etc) graphics/web is just a hobby i picked up, not something I want to do fulltime.

Once again, thanks...

As for the session stuff, should be available soon. (N)