Baking Prake Pads

club_card

i need to bake my mates rear pads, but i'm not sure for how long or at what temperature etc.. cansomeone please shed some light on the situation, and i've tried using the seach but nothing usefull came up!  :)  :S

Why do you have to bake them?

What does it do to the pads?

What kind of pads are they? :D :S :S

I'v never heard of baking them before :S

im not sure about baking but ive heard that boiling them works.

make sure the rotor and the surrounding areas are spotless before replacing them.

hmmm, wonder what the boiling point of brake pads are? :S"

i wouldnt reccomend putting them in boiling water as then they would still be around the same oil which does into the water from the pads :D (pointless?)

i would bake them, take the top surface of pad material off with a file or sand paper, then bake them again :S

ta

Don't bother baking them. Take a blow torch to them for like 2 minutes and you can see/smell the crap burning off of it (so you might want to hold your breath). Let them cool down and you're good to go.

Does this actaually work then?

My mates just DOESNT work what so EVER!! and it just makes a horrible squeal sound, was wondering if he got a blow torch to them, they might work? (BTW these are near enough brand new pads!) just always made this sound and have never worked :S

I juast sanded my pads down yesterday and cleaned my disc and bedded the brake in again. I must have got oil on it from excess in the bled nipple. So I also use dplumbers tap on the bled nipple and a few other places to stop any leaks. The brake sno perfect.

What pisse dme off was it only jsut came back from hope the same day as it was leaking.

dont worry about putting them in for to long as they are sintered so ur not gonna over bake them, i just stick themin for a while like and hour but i got a stove which is on all the time so i just leave them in over night mostly, about 400 *c