What Foot Is Your Domnint Foot?

bquamb

94 members have voted

1. 1. What Foot Is Your Domnint Foot?

• right --->
    • left <---
    • Ambidextrous <--->

I think JJ does that in Evolve doesn't he?  It's really difficult, but looks really stupid :D

yeah he does, but he only does it backhoping down the road (which is piss easy).

I do them mid 6-7ft gaps :) I wanna get a full rotation gap, but I can only do that from small gaps

vincent and cls are right foot forward so i doubt it lol

And Neil tunnicliffe, TRA and Chris Akrigg are all left foot forwards. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I'm left foot forwards, but can get myself out of a tricky situation with my right foot forwards if I need to.

Rich

If you wanna get technical about it, it's better to be right foot forward (on a stock anyways, who cares abouts mod  :( ) so you can sidehop to your left and have clearance, then you won't hit your rear der.

AND

If you are right foot forwards, you are more connected to the drive train of the bike, so you won't get as much flex in the cranks/bb spindle...

I wish I could ride with either foot. I can hardly trackstand wrong foot forwards :ermm:

It doesnt make a diiference.

And u should be able to do things either direction ( left and right ) anyway.

As hoffman says " if u can only go one way then u are only half a rider"

I can do stuff both ways but obviously better with my good foot. (right)

Dan wheeler from essex does different moves better with different feet. e.g. wheel swaps better with left foot then gaps better with right foot. :(

Nah, there's really f**k-all difference. Just ride whichever way's comfortable. Don't want to give the impression that people should try to ride right-foot-forwards, when they are naturally left footed!

Yeah, fair enough you should be able to hop to the left and to the right etc, but I bet Hoffman doesn't ride switch footed. In BMX, there's no point. In fact in trials there's hardly any point, but it seems pretty fashionable at the moment :(

And Neil tunnicliffe, TRA and Chris Akrigg are all left foot forwards. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I'm left foot forwards, but can get myself out of a tricky situation with my right foot forwards if I need to.

Rich

i dont think you get me im not saying either is better just that the guy before said that left foot forward is the secret to being good(btw ino he was probably jokin, or at least i hope he was lol). clearly whatever foot forward you are doesnt matter the ONLY advantage i can see with being right foot forward is that you sidehop to the side without a mech(same goes for pigieons and skiphops to backwheel)

Hoffman probally doesnt ride switch footed, but people were saying that its better to be right footed because then you can side hop away from your mech. You should be able to go both ways regardless to what foot you use. :(

Well it does, for the reasons myself and Tomm outlined above.

I believe tomm was just messin when he said that your more connected to the drive train. Im afraid I dont see any advantage from either foot being the dominate.

If the u.k rode under uci rules then I think everyone would be using switch foot now and then. :)

I was kinda being serious.

If you are right foot forward, you have:

Foot > Pedal > Crank > Bashring > Chainring > Chain

But for Left foot forwards:

Foot > Pedal > Crank > Dodgy crank/bb interface > axle > Dodgy crank/bb interface > Crank > Bashring > Chainring > Chain

So there will be some difference. But I doubt anyone will be able to feel it :(

i dont think you get me im not saying either is better just that the guy before said that left foot forward is the secret to being good(btw ino he was probably jokin, or at least i hope he was lol). clearly whatever foot forward you are doesnt matter the ONLY advantage i can see with being right foot forward is that you sidehop to the side without a mech(same goes for pigieons and skiphops to backwheel)

I got what you were saying, just thought it'd be worth pointing it out to anyone who actually thinks its worth putting all their effort into trying to ride with a differnt foot forwards because its what most people do. Anyhow... :(

Oh and for me the whole sidehopping onto the mech thing makes no differnce, I run discs, so I'm screwed either way. :)

Rich