Creaking/clicking Bottom Bracket

kick-this

Hi does anyone else suffer from a creaking or clicking bottom bracket mine does it all the time and its so annoying.  :(

Does anyone out there that knows how to make it stop, it ain't very old either  :) 

cheers all Dave  (Y)

Yer mine does that as well. What bike do you ride?

I hope that some one can help.

ITS SOOOOO ANOYING!

Please help.

Take the cranks off, clean and lightly grease the interface between the crank and the BB.

If that doesn't solve it, take the cranks off again, undo the BB cups, de-grease, clean and lightly re-grease the frame's threads and the BB threads.

If none of that sorts it, you might have to look into buying a new BB.

Take the cranks off, clean and lightly grease the interface between the crank and the BB.

If that doesn't solve it, take the cranks off again, undo the BB cups, de-grease, clean and lightly re-grease the frame's threads and the BB threads.

If none of that sorts it, you might have to look into buying a new BB.

Thanks man I'll try that and hope it works, because Im a short of cash at the muinit and don't want o have o buy a new BB.

always dude, but by simple maintenance it will be gone. Simply remove your crank and take the bottom bracket out remove all grime and dust and then grease all threads slightly because if you place too much on the threads it will cause the bottom bracket to come loose quite often, so you will end up tightening it all the time. Then fit tightly (not to tight) then wipe away all excess grease left around the edges as this will capture dust and you will end up with the same problem. Clean and grease your crank bolts and tighten everything up as tight as possible without over tightening. Keep checking it for the first week to make sure that the bottom bracket nor crank bolts have come loose as you have applied grease which could make them move, but it should be fine Job done good luck mate.

Edited by James@swanseatrials.com

i brought a titanium bottom bracket once! waste of money it was crap! clicked all the time! i'm running a standard un52 now £15 doesn't make a sound! my pedals have started to creak though! if its not on things it an other! :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all you guys who have sent your T-pro's back please explain to me all the information you can about your bikes please because I am now in the same situation, I bought my bike secondhand and the bottom bracket threads in the frame are totally knackered (as declared by my local bike shop).

So really need to know who to contact, conditions of your returns and also do i have grounds to send it back? need to know what information I can to try and get it sorted without spending money if possible because I have had the bloody thing for 3 days not ridden hard either as I am learning.

If you can help but need more information just ask and i'll tell you all that I know.

Ben :D

my mates was doing that, still is.

we thought it was the bottom bracket, dont know what to do with it though lol :P

his frame has cracked now so he cant ride it anyway :D

EDIT : He has got a t-pro and has had it for about 7 months

Edited by mattyboy_69_

Hey man,

Nine times out of ten it is the cranks arms are loose. Get the old 8mm allen key out and that ll sort it. Very common with cheap cranks such as FSA Power pro's. I used to have them but now have Middleburns which are much better.

If its not that take off the crank arms(Crank puller/Crank arm extractor) clean and regrease all the threads etc in and around the Bottem Bracket and crank arms. Re assemble, Jobs a goodin.

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

new cranks will creak because the arms havent bedded themselves in properly - i just got a shiny new t-pro and it started after an hour or so on the bike.

my last bike did it too when i first got it.

just tighten the bolts that hold the crank arms on and it'll stop. It'll probably start again after a few days so you have to do it again but after you've done it a couple of times it will stop permanantly. It tells you to do this on the bit of paper that comes with the t-pro

no need to send the bike back.