Trials Or Not To Trials?

Carl

Hello people i have a problem i dunno what to do i've start work and my shifts are monday to friday 12 while 8 at night so that means i can't ride at night during week that only leaves saturdays and sundays but over last couple of week i've been getting worser and worser, i'm loosing all my skills so i don't now what to do i was thinking of sell my bike and get some money behind me and get back in to trials when i have got time to do it or keep my bike and just ride weekends if i can be bothered to what shall i do people.

Carl :wink2:

if you were that dedicated you CAN and would make the time.

trust me

Waynio...................

everyone has to start work and stuff at some point this is where it can get difficult BUT you will get to know weather you have still got the time and patience for it.

as the old saying goes Patience is a virtue (Y) :wink2: (Y)"

if you feel you want to quit and sell up, then go for it mate, and make the decision for yourself!

but just think mate, if you quit riding, then what are you going to do at weekends, you'll be bored stiff!!

...and like wanio said, if your that commited and dedicated and really "into" your riding, you'll make time for this wonderfull hobbie!! :wink2:

jack (Y)

yeah but i'm not into it hardly any more i'm just 2 tired after working to do anything so by time it comes to weekends i dunno werther to stay in bed and get some sleep or get up and go riding but if i do go riding it a tress full day because i can't do anything 2 more i find it really hard just to keep ma balance thats why i'm asking you to help me make the decision because some might say something that i might not of thought of.

Carl

why post up on here winging...

If you dont wanna ride dont ride.

i say dick read it i do wanna ride i just haven't got the time and i'm 2 tired to get out of bed and ride sorry if it sound like i did but i do it just i'm starting to go it for a bit because i haven't got time. i put up this post for people to put there comments which is far anuf you've put your's but i just wanted to see if some other people have this problem and see what they did so i ain't winging i'm ask's a question.

More comments are welcome people.

Carl

The decision must come from you, seeing as you decided to ride in the first place.

I think it's important to stay in touch with the reasons why we ride. I ride for one reason only - to enjoy myself. I wouldn't bother going outside with my bike for any other reason, with the exception (possibly) of being given money for doing so.

If you aren't enjoying riding, give it a break. I stopped trials for a few months at the start of the year because I got fed up with going on rides where all people did was 'tap' and 'sidehop' identical walls. All seemed a bit 'dead end' to me. I started riding BMX and found that there were far more possibilities, and people tended to do their own thing rather than following the crowd.

However, when it started getting sunny again and people were riding trials more, I felt inspired to get my bike sorted again. Riding at the skateparks costs money, a train ride and I have to wait ages for skaters to get out the way. At the moment I'm enjoying riding my trials bike, but no doubt when it gets colder again I'll ride the BMX more. I do whatever suits me at the time - I don't feel the need to be 'pure' and stick to one.