Monty Red Hose

antquinn

well i went to order some well over 6 months ago and they didn't have any then either only blue.

so chances are they won't be getting any more any time soon.

However, i did post a topic like this one, and someone from cleanbikes said they had a few odds n' end lying about that they were happy to sell if you give them a ring (Y)

I bought some in to test out, but had trouble getting the precise size which is 2.5mm ID, 5mm OD. It's an odd size unfortunately and I bought in 2.5x4mm instead which I wouldn't be happy selling onto people because of the reduced strength. It comes in lengths of over 20m or so, and only works out as cost efficient if you can sell all the surplus!

Somewhere out there someone is selling the identical size needed with no compromise on strength. It's simply Nylon tubing (stiff and resists oil attack) which is supplied for lots of pneumatic applications. I imagine that Magura have chosen the custom size to try and protect their market in aftermarket spares etc. As if they haven't taken enough money off you for the brakes and their official oil in the first place!!!

I'm sure that someone could do some more homework and locate a supplier - that would be great!

Didn't Mr Savage have some available at one point?

Steve

Well i want red.

I was thinking of spraying my hose red. lol

If heatsink can get some, i would definatly buy some.

Get yourself some red heat shrink tubing, and wrap it around your existing hose?  :P

Good plan!

How's about this stuff: http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/subRange...heID=uknetscape

shrink ratio is 2:1 so don't buy bigger than 10mm ID tube or it won't shrink enough!

Plenty more on the RS website to browse through