Giant Team Trials Frame

peter l

i have the oppurtunity to get a giant team trials frame. im super streety, ride skatepark and tons of street and trials everyday. I spin lots and am pretty smooth altho like most people i do crash once in awhile. Are they a strong frame, do they bunny hop, manual and ride nicely?thanks alot anyone know the geometry? thanks alot.

I take it you mean the older (square downtube) version? For the sort of riding you want to do it'll be just fine, and you can run a normal saddle on it too.

The geometry isn't popular by today's standard (since everyone now seems to want low long bikes without seats) - not sure of exact geometry, but I think it's about 1035mm wheelbase, 395mm (ish) chainstays. For street trials and general playing around it'll be nice to ride.

if u r after a nice street trials frame, the old giants are THE BEST! superb geometry for bunny hops and manuals, yet perfectly comfortable with 'proper' trials moves. super bombproof. i have dents in the downtube of mine, and used to grind on the chainstays too. nice machined yokes, and other parts. pretty light too, even by todays standards. about 4.2lbs? correct me if i'm wrong. levelboss 1065 weighs in at 5lbs!

i ran an azonic shorty 80mm stem, and DW bars (2in rise) and loved it to bits. brought my riding and confidence along immensely. its now got dmr motos, and bout 3in chopped off the bars, being ragged around local jumps

smithy

Yes they are very much street frames. They are short and light so manuals and spins as well as skatepark riding and bunnyhops are easy. It has flickable geometry too. My friend currently owns one but he runs brisa bar and stem which spoils the ride (risers all the way). You sound like your riding would suit the giant frame well.