Dual Monitors

butcha87

The DVI-Analogue adapters don't allways come with the cards, mine didnt so I bought one from amazon. If you buy the adapter as they are pretty cheap and then grab a second monitor from someone to test it make sure everything works ok then buy one if you like it. The software and drivers provided by ATI should do everything for you its just a case of fiddling to work out how you want it.

Im running one 15" tft and one 15" CRT at the moment. Quite nice though obviously two huge tfts would be nice. Im pretty happy with my set-up.

Dan

The square socket is a DVI socket for use with digital tft monitors. However as mentioned you can purchase pretty cheaply a converter that allows the use a second analog monitor whether it be tft or crt.

I have run dual monitors on several ati graphics cards, it really is simple. You set the dual monitor function up in the settings tab of the properties of the desktop. If you want the second display to be an extension of the other, then check the extend windows onto this monitor setting when you have selected screen 2.

i use two monitors mainly for CAD etc and when doing my dissertations etc when you need two or more docs or programs open at the same time to work from. Tis also handy for playing films whilst doing work, kinda makes you feel like your not working only by the end of the day i find i get loads done. Something to do with my short attention span otherwise i think.