Old Topic, But Still Interested

PaRtZ

Wow its been so long i pressed the wrong button. Ive been offline for a fortnight as my mate screwed up my router by connecting to yahoo broadband via my AOL broadband :)

Anyway heres a quote from an onza topic AGES ago

An interesting thread, it is good to see what many people think of us and our products and I am encouraged by the general level of support for us. Just a few points to clear up.

1. The frame in the opening comment is in production and will be available in 6 to 8 weeks. It obviously borrows heavily from many designs already out there but then very few frames don't. Price to be announced.2. The 26" frame as used in prototyping by Dan Butler and Thomas Ohler ( our Austrian rider) is finalised in the latest version being used by Dan and is also down for production, timescale also about 6 to 8 weeks.

3. The prototype being used by Ben Slinger is very radical and still needs some work but we have every intention of putting it into our 2006 range, due out before Christmas.

4. A direct tie up with Chris King in the States gives us the opportunity to spec their standard headsets on many of our 2006 higher models as well as fitting some of their hubs, so the above two frames will be our first for some time to use conventional head tubes in readiness for this change.

5. The T-Bone is still a project which is on the go but has been on the back burner in recent times. It will be resumed at some stage.

6. The tensile freewheel is at last approaching production. Some delays have occured due to slight mods and Euro design registration process but it is nearly there. We apologise for the delays.

7. We have developed a new 60 click, 4 sealed bearing rear freehub now being tested by one of our riders, which hopefully will prove up to the job in hand, for trials riding. If ok should be out by September.

Also, plans are now well under way for a repeat of last years massive trials competition at the Cycle 2005 show, this year changing date and venue to the London ExCel Exhibition Centre in Docklands (new site of the Motor show).

This years promises to be bigger and better with a 5000 Euro purse to the winners. Make a note in your diaries for October 13th to 16th.

Thanks again to all our friends out there for your continuing support.

Heres the topic itself

Now as I found a crack on the chain stay of my monty im obviously intereseted in a new frame :D So I was wondering if anyone knew of any news of the frame

Ta much (Y)

Edited by PaRtZ

The frame is the new Zona Zip and will be with us in a two or three weeks. Matt black is £199 and brushed alloy finish is £229.

Cool. But you should have called it the Zona Zoo!p or something :D

Is This the Zona Zip frame?

Or This?

I'm confused...  :)

Neither, it's the one in the link he posted (Y)

As he said, it is neither. The first frame is the original prototype of the frame currently being run by Ben Slinger with superb results. A little more work will see it finalised before too long. The second picture is the original prototype of the frames being run by Danny Butler and Thomas Ohler and which will shortly be available in final form as the new Onza Limey with one extra innovation not previously seen.

The Zona Zip is the one referred to in the link from the original posting.

anagram of onza, also spanish word for "section". onza's cheapo brand for copies, knock-offs and general bargains. onza is now the quality brand with new products, new ideas and higher prices.

i think.

that made me laugh yet if £200 is expensive im going to run off the edge of a cliffe with no parachute and live!cos £200.00 is seriously cheap. i think its purely down to cheaper materials OR higher and bulkier buying. the polished one will always look nicer than a black frame purely due to it looking lighter, darker colours always "LOOK" heavier.

Waynio...................

ie a carbon road bike that is dark carbon in colour looks heavier than a polished alloy road frame but when picking up it is alot lighter due to it being carbon and usuaally with all the trick bits on them, yet a lot more pricey :) :) only my personal opinion there............