Does Anybody Else Find This?!

Big_J

hey,

im just wondering if anybody else expieriences this when sitting down.

ever since i started riding trials, and without a seat, whenever i go on a seated bike now it makes the top of my knees hurt when riding long distances seated.

does anybody else find this after riding a non seated bike and then going onto a seated bike?!

also, if anyone does exprience this, then do they know of anything that can prevent your knees hurting when riding a seated bike over a long distance?!

thanx guys, jack B)

yup, i find this too, i have to keep straightening my legs to keep it from hurting :P

i dont know the reason for it...

someone said it was water behind the knee, but i havent got leaky knees that let water in (Y)

yeh thats exalctly what i have to do, but its getting worse, and hurting more :P

jack B)

yeah i get the same problem aswell. recently its been quite annoying. when i going to the cinema, my knees are killing towards the end of a film. i got bike with a seat aswell and after sitting down on it i need to stand so i can strech my legs. the line of work i'm in involves a lot kneeling down so i don't think that help it.

by the time were 20 we'll all need walking sticks.

i've planned mine all ready.

C'N'C handle with carbon fiber downtube thingy and a soft compound grip at the bottom to stop it slipping :P pimp lol

scruff B)

yeah i get the same problem aswell. recently its been quite annoying. when i going to the cinema, my knees are killing towards the end of a film. i got bike with a seat aswell and after sitting down on it i need to stand so i can strech my legs. the line of work i'm in involves a lot kneeling down so i don't think that help it.

by the time were 20 we'll all need walking sticks.

i've planned mine all ready.

C'N'C handle with carbon fiber downtube thingy and a soft compound grip at the bottom to stop it slipping  :P  pimp lol

scruff  B)

i would have a wheel attached to the end with a 160mm magura marta SL :P

One possibility is that on a trails bike you spend all your time standing, therefore your legs are nearly always straight. So when you cycle with your knees bent the muscles arent used to working that way, so it hurts.

Also cycling sitting down just puts more pressure through your knees, full stop.

To strenghten the muscles around your knees do squats leaning against a wall an hold the position where your things are parrallel to the ground for 5sec then stand again an repeat. If 5secs is easy then hold for 10 an so on.

This is an easy way to strengthen the muscles around the top of you knee without bulking them up.

Also what minitrialer said, make sure you arent letting your knee lock out at the bottom of the pedal stroke (where your foot is closest to the ground) that can cause jarring of the joint an pain.