Hans Rey And His Monkey

huge

looks like a big gorilla to me :o" :P

Waynio.................

well spotted you should really look out for the "Beaver" in MBUK if you find it you can win loads of blackspire stuff with your knowledge on spotting big gorilla's on hans rey site i think you should give it a go you could seriously win some nice prizes :o :ermm: :blink:

I was on that site earlier today. I have his limited edition trails frame (see avatar). In the news section it says he just entered his first trials event since 1998 and came second! Nice one.

PS. I met Hans in 1993 when I was competing against him. :">

Edited by MikeWarner

Did you compete at the Malverns then in 1993?, What did you ride? I have the video from that event wich includes some small footage of the trials competition and also maybe the first footage on video of the two Martins riding Specialized Rockhoppers. (Y)

I think that was the only time he copeted in the uk that year, He did a show at Bicycle Expo at alexander palace in the october. :D

Not sure if i saw you on it, but would be more than happy to send you a copy, I still have a Bell Image Helmet that was signed by him from the malverns (Y)

I had loads of piccys from there but seemed to have lost them all, what was with the feather on Hans's bike, did you see his mod? he left me with it to look after at one point while he went to sort something out with the organisers, rode really nice!!!

The party were so cool, we ended up going to Darren Tapps party, him and the team had a huge marguee with a stonking system inside got really drunk!!

Not sure if i saw you on it, but would be more than happy to send you a copy, I still have a Bell Image Helmet that was signed by him from the malverns :D

I had loads of piccys from there but seemed to have lost them all, what was with the feather on Hans's bike, did you see his mod? he left me with it to look after at one point while he went to sort something out with the organisers, rode really nice!!!

The party were so cool, we ended up going to Darren Tapps party, him and the team had a huge marguee with a stonking system inside got really drunk!!

It was a great event. I can't believe there is someone else on here who went there. I got a bit star struck with Hans - he in fact approached me saying "Ah! Black Zaskar" (he rode a Zaskar at the time). I got him to ride it though. (Y).

The vid you have, is it one you took or an official film? I'd be interested in seeing it either way. River jumping was cool! I cocked up in the bunny hop comp, my brother did ok though.

I've still got my Etto SML helmet! What happened to Etto?

The Video is the official Malverns / Ambra Computers video, bought through a shop in wolverhampton. I have even had a post card form the USA from Hans but not sure where it has gone now, I also have a video that was only for GT dealers from 92/93 and feature the HTS-1 how old is that now?