Filthy Ard Gards - Hawyes Signature

Gandalf the Yellow

there's no direct link so you can have this....

gallery_4102_802_328.jpg

Limited Edition ones!

The Ard*Gard professional trials bash ring is manufactured from grade one armour plating, it is possibly the strongest and lightest bash ring available.

CNC Machined from grade one armour plating, sculpted into the most efficient shape to retain strength and save weight.

Possibly the hardest Aluminium bash ring available

Smooth radiused impact surface, as a knurled or serrated surface is destroyed upon impact.

Impact surface improves with use as it develops a very hard abraded finish.

The Ard*Gard can also be flipped over.

As used by pro trials riders.

Fits compact bolt pattern cranks.

Accepts 22 to 26 tooth chainrings, as this is the most common set-up amongst pro trials riders.

this tells me everything about it but the thickness, its to be fitted on raceface tubines with 22t set up. any owners like to tell me more about them?

I'll measure my Ard guard tonight ;)

Got hold of a Middleburn bash and was thinking of taking the spider & Ard guard set-up off to exchange it for the thicker bash (something different!). Then I realised how much heavier the Middleburn set-up is and couldn't justify fitting it when my Ard guard is quite happy with the abuse it gets. There aren't many places you can still buy them are there?

I should get some photos up when I get some new bike photos taken!

Steve

there's no direct link so you can have this....

gallery_4102_802_328.jpg

Limited Edition ones!

The Ard*Gard professional trials bash ring is manufactured from grade one armour plating, it is possibly the strongest and lightest bash ring available.

CNC Machined from grade one armour plating, sculpted into the most efficient shape to retain strength and save weight.

Possibly the hardest Aluminium bash ring available

Smooth radiused impact surface, as a knurled or serrated surface is destroyed upon impact.

Impact surface improves with use as it develops a very hard abraded finish.

The Ard*Gard can also be flipped over.

As used by pro trials riders.

Fits compact bolt pattern cranks.

Accepts 22 to 26 tooth chainrings, as this is the most common set-up amongst pro trials riders.

this tells me everything about it but the thickness, its to be fitted on raceface tubines with 22t set up. any owners like to tell me more about them?

just measured my one and its 6mm thick, i use mine on a set on raceface turbine lp cranks and its good, its very solid as i've had two of them over the last 5 years and they've never bent and when coming up short on taps etc they take fair chunks out of walls

only downside i can see is that after they've worn down about 1mm you start to wear into the spider of the crank arm, this is why middleburn pro and super pro setups are soo good as there is no spider to wear into

but yeah overall they're pretty good