Cranks

weewillywinky

Hi there, i have rounded off the bottom bit of the crank where it goes on the bb a fair few cranks in this last year. I was just wondering what makes this happen, and is it something i can prevent. Although it is not on my trials bike it is still annoying me and costing money to sort out :P . If any of you guys out there can help me, thanks very much in advance. :D

my craks on my t-pro did it just keep tham tight mate :D

My T-pro cranks did that and i just kept buying new crank arms until the bottom bracket snapped :D :P . Its because the the bottom bracket and cranks are square tapered they round off easier than splined cranks/ bottom brackets. In the end i bought a splined downhill (FSA platinum) bottom bracket and a set of tensile 165mm cranks . and that has sorted the problem out :lol:

Its because the the bottom bracket and cranks are square tapered they round off easier than splined cranks/ bottom brackets.

Not really, ISIS is menna be ALOT easier to round off that tapered, but only if that tapered cranks are tightened and not loose, the they should last you years without failure (Y)

Not really, ISIS is menna be ALOT easier to round off that tapered, but only if that tapered cranks are tightened and not loose, the they should last you years without failure :(

hmm. im afraid not. the nature of the isis design is to prevent round-age and it works very well.

have you got any pics of rounded isis cranks/bb's. it would be interesting to see what they looked like.

My mate rounded a pair of truvativ cranks off, well the non-drive side.

but i never got to see it :ermm: he sent it away 30 mins after doing it :huh:

He isnt exactly fat either....... quite the oppisite actually! lol (skinny cumsmuggler)

He said he could spin the crank round on the BB like it wasnt rounded off :( :- lol

oh and he wasnt doing anything big either, done a jump down 5 steps.....

Edited by terror-error

My mate rounded a pair of truvativ cranks off, well the non-drive side.

but i never got to see it :( he sent it away 30 mins after doing it :-

He isnt exactly fat either....... quite the oppisite actually! lol (skinny cumsmuggler)

He said he could spin the crank round on the BB like it wasnt rounded off :D :D lol

oh and he wasnt doing anything big either, done a jump down 5 steps.....

terror-error if you wer talking about mike your wrong i just called mike and he said that the only crank he has rounded off was his square taperd ones. All he did on them steps was snap his pedal so ur wrong again

( i would give up if a was you :ermm: )

also i would just like to say i told you but you wouldnt have it :huh:

n splined are less likley to round of compared to square taperd

Edited by bigpimpndave