Brake Systems

deadly venom

Could someone give me some information on the Avid juicy 5? Is this one of the better hydraulic disk brakes on the market? How is it's performance when compared to other hydraulic disk brakes such as the ones from Magura? Would the Avid mechanical disk brake be a good brake for trials? Any information is welcome.

Stay on,

deadly venom

Edited by deadly venom

if you go to sram.com and then use the link to avid products you'll find plenty of info on the avid juicy 5 and also the cable discs

i know someone with avid juicy sevens and they feel really good so i'd expect the fives to be alright too, but i have seen a lot of posts on here from people who swear by the avid mechanicals saying that they have plenty of power etc, so that might be a cheaper alternative for you

I have read favorable comments about the hope mono-trial but it is a bit expensive. I am willing to spend but I have to keep the price down in some places. The lower cost of the juicy 5 is what attracted me. I have never used a hydraulic disk brake before. Which means I am unaware of the quality and performance of each brake system.

Since this will be my first trials bike should I go with an HS 33's on the front and rear? Or should I just go ahead and put a disk up front and a HS 33 on the rear?

Ride that bike,

Deadly Venom