Is A Ten Inch Frame Small

earsy104

Hey sorry i know nothing about bikes at the moment well not much anyway i was reading up on this saracen frame the saracen mad team issue frame and it said 10 inch frame i though it sounded small but is it for a trials frame?

and is the frame any good? £140 it is is that cheap aswell?

thanks

It is relatively small, yes, compared to the onza t-raptor, which i think (correct me if i'm wrong) 15", also if you look at uci style frames they have as little as 4 or 5 inch seat-tubes. As for the frame, its a bit on the heavy side, but as your leaning this shouldn't be too much of a problem. 140 quid for the frame only is not cheap, have a good look around and i'm sure you will find it for less.

PS: madsnapped8xj.th.jpg

Don't worry though, that bike got ridden into the ground! plus the owner did a rather nice static gap to chainstay which helped speed up the snapping process.

Edited by flipkickbs

yeah 10" is quite low. you want to look at other features when your looking at a trials bike though like the geometry.for example the chainstay length should be nice and short to make the bike better on the backwheel. you want to look at the wheel base of the frame aswell. different length frames suit different styles of riding. quite often short frames like a base ta26 are used for street and long frames like zoo pitbulls are used on natural. some people struggle to 'bunnyhop' long frames as all of your weight is on your arms but short frames can be thrown about more easily when riding street. hope this helps you to purchase your trials frame.