Magura Set Up Advice

wayneone

Right just this morning got my set of 04 race lines :$ they are attached with the metal elbowy things, What i want to know is how do these work? they bolt into the frame through the bottom but where do the elbows go? Both brakes have boosters if this makes things any different.

Other than that all sorted as i know how to do maguras just always had 4-bolt or the new evo2 system.

Edited by wayneone

maggys are crap dont use dem i snapped a braded hose last night on mi da bomb 05!!!! :lol: :$

maggies arent crap. if you look after them and spend time setting them up they are the best rear brake out. maybe your braided hose was too short and thats why it snapped.

maggys are crap dont use dem i snapped a braded hose last night on mi da bomb 05!!!! :lol: :$

MEH MEH MEH *gives you a bitch slap

Very few companys offer trials parts specifically so stop being a dick an accept top pro's and most trials users use magura's for a reason, dont bother with braided from what ive heard there very touchy!

Any how, get some pics mayB? do you mean that the pistons are stiff or... whats the elbow anyhow? (N)

MEH MEH MEH *gives you a bitch slap

Very few companys offer trials parts specifically so stop being a dick an accept top pro's and most trials users use magura's for a reason, dont bother with braided from what ive heard there very touchy!

Any how, get some pics mayB? do you mean that the pistons are stiff or... whats the elbow anyhow? (N)

You know the sticky out things that you use to set them up on the old style evo mounts its not nothing to do with the piston.

maggys are crap dont use dem i snapped a braded hose last night on mi da bomb 05!!!! :( :sleeping:

So it was your fault? :)

Anyway, if they're "crap", why are almost all the top riders in the world (and a LOT of amateur riders) using them as their most important brake? 'cept those Monty fags anyway, but the point still stands :P

So it was your fault? :sleeping:

Anyway, if they're "crap", why are almost all the top riders in the world (and a LOT of amateur riders) using them as their most important brake? 'cept those Monty fags anyway, but the point still stands :(

Marketing and advertising. Seriously, marketing and advertising. There are plenty of products out there that do the same, for either less or more money. Magura just markets this shit well.

And it ain't the f**king brake. People rode V-brakes for almost a two decades before disc brakes became all the rage.

This thread is shocking! Stop slaggin maggies off and answer his question.

the elbows should rest against the frame / fork to act like an extra booster. they should point down toward the hub, not up. just take your time and do one side at a time, setting maggies on canti studs can take a long while. work out which way round the metal clamps need to go, as you can swap them (left for right) to suit narrower/wider rims. try and get the clamps as straight (vertical) and symetrical as possible.

Hope that helps, anymore Q's just ask

Marketing and advertising. Seriously, marketing and advertising. There are plenty of products out there that do the same, for either less or more money. Magura just markets this shit well.

And it ain't the f**king brake. People rode V-brakes for almost a two decades before disc brakes became all the rage.

Now people are going bigger and ive never seen an advertisment for a magura, not on a website not saying there the best brakes, top riders use them out of personal prefrence and thats good enough for me!

(the only rider ive seen without a maggie on the back was like a £150 V-brake!)