Jack Barnes New Leeson

Osram

what make are thoes SS spacers?

clive made them for jack (Y)

nice colour. :)

what forks are they?

the forks are pashleys

and fishwog is the guy to ask about the jack barnes vid but he needs more footage to wack it together

cheers :blink:

Oooh, that looks really nice (Y)

Clive doesn't believe in cable mounts, apparently they weaken the tube. Although I have never ever seen a tube crack at a cable mount...

My f**king hair ass do they. If it's high strees then you use a super lowe 650*c heat to braze them on and really you should sliver solder them which is lots less hotter.

No pashley, Curtis, Desalvo, Aust (some dude in aus makes steal frames), Batch (the do steal then a ti frame for testing), even Leeson have failed on there top tubes, seat stays due to a cable guide being put there.

Road bike are super thin yeah, 0.97mm in places and they have them, both sliver soldered and brazed on yet they dont fail, higher speeds than us and just the same troqu and shear loads when in use...thats when there aplying power (all the time they are) round bends/corners

Yaaa, it does look lovely in the flesh, and about the video..... he has been waiting for this bike for bloody ages, and hasn't been riding for about 3 months, hence no footage..... ALSO I've become rather a skatepark bum, and havn't been out with him so much to do much filming, but I'm starting to enjoy street more recently, and will be bringing the camera out with me to film some stuff of everyone, including Jack.

Sam

Edited by Fishwog

Hey all, jacks spacers on his rear hub are custom made by clive. This is to accomerdate his rear cog he's using a Chris King single speed cog but because they are thicker towards the hub shell (to stop it cutting into the freehub body) so a regular kit wouldnt fit on the hub because of it being too wide. I cant say i have ever heard of clive saying he dosent weld cable guides because it weakens the tubing.He uses the stick on guides because they are easily removable so you can get the best cable aliment. The forks are also Pashley steel forks from clive sprayed orange to match the Flymo lawn mower colour frame (N)

Edited by dmrbrad