Clicking Noise From Bb?

nek0

My new Raven6.0 has FSA Platinum Pro BB but lately at certain rotation I hear a loud 'click' every time I pedal hard. (Y)

I don't hear it from the rear, the chainline and the ring seems to be straight. It doesn't affect my riding in anyway but it's bothering me a bit.

Any ideas as to what this popping noise is? I had this while back with my 5.0 also. :)

Edited by nek0

My new Raven6.0 has FSA Platinum Pro BB but lately at certain rotation I hear a loud 'click' every time I pedal hard. (Y)

I don't hear it from the rear, the chainline and the ring seems to be straight. It doesn't affect my riding in anyway but it's bothering me a bit.

Any ideas as to what this popping noise is? I had this while back with my 5.0 also. :)

I had that, just undo the bolt on the right crank and spray a bit of WD-40 down then screw the bolt in. It worked for me.

this problem is usually always a lose crank, grease and re-fit the cranks - should sort it.

if it doesnt then try the bb shell (grease and re-fit) whilst your down there :0 check the outers of the bearing casing on the bb for gaps and cracks.

also check the frame for cracks around the bb some frames have poor welds and factory defects from new

another reason for clicking can be either the front chain ring check all the bolts are tight and there is no play in it. or if you run a front freewheel check the bearing cover is tight and the assembly doesnt wobble when you spin the cranks.

finally check the bearings in your pedals - if they spin smoothly you are OK

if its none of the above then take it to the shop you got it from or contact the manufacturer

hope that helps (N)

it could be the actual bb, as thats what mine was last time!!

Wasnt that because you left the bb hanging out the frame by a few threads?

Anyway my bottom bracket was beginning to creak and click but i took the drive side crank off and cleaned and greaed it then put it back on and the creaking had gone! (N)

i had this prob with my onza t-mag turned out the frame was cracked lol

try lock tight on the bolts once they come loose and you still ride on it youl damaged the crank so it wont fit as it should on the bb and cause it to come loose easier. but id be prepared to buy a new bb my fsa one did this and it fell apart when i took it out

Anyway my bottom bracket was beginning to creak and click but i took the drive side crank off and cleaned and greaed it then put it back on and the creaking had gone! :D

it happend on my old base like that though!! but i think it was beacuse it was hardly in on my monty (N) (Y)

Anyway my bottom bracket was beginning to creak and click but i took the drive side crank off and cleaned and greaed it then put it back on and the creaking had gone! :D

That happened to me today but while i was riding all the clicking just went away. the plan was to clean it when i got home, even though i would have probably cleaned it wrong. (Y) (N)