.~

Sponge

It obviously doesn't though. Resonance causes vibrations with massive amplitutes. It occurs when there is little damping. I've yet to see a trials frame with a good timbre.

If you think about the glass example - you're shaking the glass enough to break it at it's weak points, ie defects. These defectes are at a molecular level. How much energy do you think would be needed to vibrate a metal 'glass' enough to make it shatter? What sort of frequency do you think it's likely to need?

Jon

Well yeah that's why i'm saying it probably wont effect it, at all, but in theroy it could be possible.

maybe this is one of the drawbacks of u6 aluminium :ermm:

Well, it's not really a drawback of U6... Onza T-Pro's of 2004 and 2005 never crack at brake mounts and they're U6.. It's the fact that the 2005 Zoo bikes, as I see on my frame.. the square mounts are all individually welded as one each on its own... instead of on T-Pros and most other frames, each square for the mounts are accompanied by another, spreading the weld longer therefore, making it a bit stronger. Silly that Zoo had to isolate each brake mount on its own..

Plus, on the subject of 2006 Zoo Bikes, I had a quick look at Adrian Jordan's new 2006 Pitbull, and the mounts on each seatstay seem to be welded across eachother like how almost every other frame is done... meaning 2006 Pitbulls most probably won't suffer from this brake mount crackage problem.

Edited by Sponge

Well yeah that's why i'm saying it probably wont effect it, at all, but in theroy it could be possible.

If John says it wouldn't happen, I'd be inclined to aggree. Feel free to argue (but only if you have a better degree than him :ermm: ). See mink's graph, it's helpful.

Well, it's not really a drawback of U6... Onza T-Pro's of 2004 and 2005 never crack at brake mounts and they're U6.. It's the fact that the 2005 Zoo bikes, as I see on my frame.. the square mounts are all individually welded as one each on its own... instead of on T-Pros and most other frames, each square for the mounts are accompanied by another, spreading the weld longer therefore, making it a bit stronger. Silly that Zoo had to isolate each brake mount on its own..

But the all-in-one mounts produce a stress riser at the ends of the weld, meaning the tube itself snaps. The idea is a good one, but maybe Zoo just messed it up and didn't create enough weld area. I can't say I've ever really looked at a Zoo brake mount though...

And again, I'd just like to reiterate - if Zoo's mounts were as shit as you're implying, why have only 3 broken at the mounts, from a bad batch of frames? It's all well and good going "blah blah blah, bad design, blah blah blah", but if none have broken there apart from from a bad batch of frames, your pissing in the wind.

Same as when you said the CNC'd sideplates of the new Zoos would kill the frames. Yet to see that happen, at all, ever.