Rotor

Whiteboy

ok i have a 160 rotor and i want to increase the power slightly. lets star t with the adapter i ahve been looking at THIS ONE. or the a2z one on wolly hat shop. will the hays one work? now on to rotors. the only ones i have realA2ly been looking at are the A2Z ones on wooly hat shop agin. the 2 been looking at are the a2z version 1 and 2s. which one is better out of these 2? are the a2z ones actually any good? and if i get a 20mm adapter means that i will need 180 yes? not a 185?

all help much appreciated.

cheers

There are plenty of spacers on the avid BB7's. The same ones that are on most vee brake pads. Remove those, or replace them for slightly smaller ones, so reduce it by 2.5mm, and it'll be fine on a 180mm disk.

Just remember those spacers are there to ensure you get a decent alignment between the pads and the rotor. Ensure you can still set it up straight!

Otherwise, it'll be fine. :P

Fatmike on ians account. B)

Edited by flipkickbs

A 180 adapter works on 180 and 185 discs, ive tried, no adjustment neccesary.

The avid thing is going to be better (lighter, cheaper) than the hayes adapter, and getting an adapter overcomplicates the situation really.

The bracket will work with any rotor which is between 180-185.