How Did You Start To Pedal Hop Of Things?

earsy104

Hey iam wondering how people started to pedal hop of things when they first started as i find it quite hard at the moment but iam slowly getting better and i was wondering how people practiced when they first started if they have any tips for me and any other people??????

cheers :S :P

Hey iam wondering how people started to pedal hop of things when they first started as i find it quite hard at the moment but iam slowly getting better and i was wondering how people practiced when they first started if they have any tips for me and any other people??????

cheers :S :P

build your confidence up by just wheelying off curbs and the just put more power into it

(don't know if this will help)

Wear your helmet,and if it looks like you can't do something,you probably can!(this does not apply to 18 foot drops as you may/will die) it's helped me and TrialsLord do bigger things :S

If you practice on smaller things(closer to the ground as not to injure yourself) try to perfect your technique on small stuff,thentry it on bigger stuff

PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

Edited by Da Bomb

Curbs are the best. then move onto taller curbs(where the road has work funny or the old skool massive curbs) then move onto small walls ledges ect.

Tryed a sort of higher drop today shit it half way though the landing fell off and hurt my ankle, Hope its better for tomorrow ima nail that drop!

Edited by wayneone

stay on the bike is my best tip,

you're a lot more likely to hurt yourself if you bail that if you stick to the bike like glue (unless of course you completely nose dive or something).

so yeh, stay on and plant the rear wheel and you're sorted.

My motto is 'drops aren't trials' cos there isn't really any skill involved, it's just all about confidence.

When at the edge of the drop let your front end down a bit, not too far that you face plant! It actually makes the drop seem smaller. This sounds stupid but think of it like this, if you were to jump off a wall without a bike, you would bend your knees/crouch then jump down, same applies on your bike!

Hope that helps.

i started on curbs and stuff but then went a little to big a little to quickly which resulted in most of the stuff i did being really sketchy and quite often harmfull to me!!!

i would suggest starting and staying small untill you are confident that your control on your bike is good before moving onto anything to big or challenging

if you have the time, the room and the materials, make your own starter trials obstacle course in garage, basement, backyard, i dunno.

buy some wood, hammer it together, or hell, find some wood. Go to parks, find a rock or something, make that rock your bitch.