Hifi Headphones?

thegoofeedude

Hi,

I am looking to invest in some high quality headphones for listening to music. I have about $60 USD to spend, and I am just wondering if anyone here had any recommendations. What's a good brand, what to watch out for, etc. I am just looking for something that gives the best listening experience I can get for the money, and I don't necessarily need noise canceling. I normally listen through a Logitech 5.1 surround system, but I don't want to bother the roommate, so that's why I am looking for headphones.

Thanks for reading, and any replies! >_<

I use Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones. Look for em. They're really tiny soft bud ones that go right inside your ears. I've tried high quality big ear-muff style ones and they're ok if you want your head to shake but the sound is still just as good with these ones. Plus, they're mega portable so you won't look silly wearing them on the bus. They should make your lame christian rock music sound slighly more appealing anyway. :P

x Dani x

Another vote for Sennheiser from over here.

I kinda have to plug sennheiser as I use the for many of my mixes , so go get some!

I got myself some Sennheiser in ear buds after reading all the good reviews. I got the MX550's which are the top model. The sound quality from them is good but the build quality is rubbish. Mine are now held together with superglue after the wire falling out of each end of the inline volume adjuster and one of the buds coming in 2. Better sound quality then my old sonys but build quality sucks.