Zoo Geometry

Zoo_Monkey

iv just spent the last two weeks riding a T-pro rather than my zoo and iv progressed more in that time than i have in the last two months, i think its all down to the geometry of the bike

id like to get my zoo more like the t-pro geometry, the problem i have with the zoo is its a lot of effort to get the front end up when pedal kicking and pretty much any move that requires the front to be pulled up. rather than the snappy response i get with the t-pro its slow and a huge effort which never leaves you in the best position balance wise.

the stem on the zoo is 100mm/5deg with 35mm spacer stack, the frame is the yao zhi longer model, I'm going to change the forks to zoo forks because i think they are swept to far forward.

not sure what to do, id like to change the stem but will this help much - any advice would b e great

Any mod is going to perform slightly better at getting up on the backwheel than a stock. (I presume you are riding a stock, as your signature sugests)

yea - my pitbull is on my sig, i also have a T-pro which i kind of call mine but its really my girlfriends rig

i really think I'm gona have to get a higher rise stem like the echo Hifi

my problem is that I'm not sure if its the bike at fault or me - i hate blaming my components and like to think i should be able to adapt to anything but in this case I'm not sure what to do, pussy out and spend £30+ on a stem or just live with it and try to adapt

Ive found my new zoo harder to get the front wheel up at times but once its up, its much more stable than my old bike. Just gota adapt riding styles to suit the ride.

A higher rise stem might help lift the front put could cause issues for you doing another move.

i haven't checked the chain stay length yet so thx for that (altho there isn't a lot i can do to change it if they are to long)

the t-pro is way more stable on the back but the tyer / rim combo is over twice as big as on my zoo

iv just got a new echo hifi stem (well its in the post) meant to be for longer geometry bikes so ill let you know how it rides when i put it on next week. i am a little worried it will make other moves harder but I'm pretty good on the front wheel (or so people tell me) so i'm not to worried

i might have to look at my back wheel - go for a wider rim or fatter Tyre ? any ideas ? I'm currently running a d521 and a tioga white tiger